1/48 - de Havilland DH.112 Venom by MikroMir - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - de Havilland DH.112 Venom by MikroMir - 3D renders

Absolutely fantastic news! Single-seat Venoms for all! Hoping for a new nose and tails so I can do my local example:

ZK-VNM Whanganui 130620 Zac Yates ZK-VNM Whanganui 190120 Zac Yates ZK-VNM Whanganui 190120 Zac Yates

(For a while there she flew without tiptanks but they're back on now.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mikromir announced kits I want two days in a row. Someone stop them before my bank account is empty. Wonder what what they have ready to announce [insert comment about a certain delta winged aircraft here]

I think this is the point where I finally, probably very belatedly, realise that my stash is following the second law of thermodynamics: like the entropy of the universe, my stash is always going to increase. The 2nd law also tells us there’s a natural tendency towards a disordered state, which you’d also say is true of my stash if you could see the state of my garage.

All of which is a long-winded way of saying that I’m going to need to buy several copies of this kit!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

What other kits do you have on that list? :D

The Myasishchev M4 which was shown yesterday. That Handley Page Hastings which was shown a while ago as well is one I want to build. Already got two of their Victors

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 2

II hope that MikroMir are going to include the little fixed slat just inboard of the tip tanks, otherwise the kit will be fatally flawed, covered in red lines and terminally unbuildable, not necessarily in that order!😆😆😆😆

That won’t stop me buying a few though, perversity is a wonderful thing.

Edited by stever219
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Wonder what what they have ready to announce [insert comment about a certain delta winged aircraft here]

We ALL know you want a Boulton Paul P.111!

• Like 1

I'd just found I had CMR Venom FB1 and pulled it out of the stash like the rest of you I'd been lamenting the lack of Venoms (though in 1/72) and thought I should stop moaning a I build this - have joking to myself that someone would release one in plastic...

34 minutes ago, JamesP said:

I'd just found I had CMR Venom FB1 and pulled it out of the stash like the rest of you I'd been lamenting the lack of Venoms (though in 1/72) and thought I should stop moaning a I build this - have joking to myself that someone would release one in plastic...

You are obviously A Great Sage of such things........what else do you foresee?

Trevor

• Haha 1

I do believe a two seater was built, a trainer I think.  Now for some unknown reason manufacturers failed to realise this and insist on doing fighters/single seaters all the while, which I find rather boring..........last kit I bought was Ali's two seater conversion for the Hunter.............so many options for two seat Hunters should keep me busy for a while, but would like to see signs of a 2 seat Venom

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Max Headroom said:

:waiting:

Trevor

That thread was started in 2016 and 5 years later where are we?  That reminds me very much of the Classic Airframes Fairey Gannet AEW3........box art done, tooling started then it fizzled out, never to be due to company going bust........................this seems to be the same...........box art done - years ago and fizzled out........................somebody about that same time was doing a 1/48 Buccaneer, box art done, then that fizzled out........................I think we are grabbing at straws

• Like 1
  • Sad 1