wheels/tyres for 1/35 Model T Ford

McNab

Hi everyone. Hope you're all surviving.

I've been a bit obsessed with WW1 Model T's and all their variants; especially the LCP stripped down versions. I have a couple more builds planned but have run out of spare tyres and wheels. Anyone know where I can buy them if they exist? I found a company in the States who do them but they seemed expensive for 4 wheels. 

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Andrew

7 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

If you could live with the size difference I could supply you with some sets of Artillery spoked wheels, mostly in 1/32 scale.

Ford Ts did use a variety of wheel sizes so 1/32 ones would not look out of place on 1/35

Hi BK

well yes and thank you, but would it be possible to send a photo as I am not sure what you mean by artillery spoked wheels? 

Hi again BK. 

ooohh I see. I never knew they were called that! yes they look grand. How do you want to proceed? Thanks again

Also I think ICM offer a spares service, they might be willing to sell you a Sprue B or two direct? Like you, I’m currently rather obsessed with the ICM Ford T’s, in my case various US Army examples in France.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I can offer you these three sets; left & centre from Airfix 1/32 Ford T, right from a a Smer 1/32 car

Ford%20T%20wheels%2C%2001s-M.jpg

Hi BK thank you for your input 😊 however I am concerned about  the difference in scale. I compared some 35 and 32 bits I have in various spares boxes, and the difference is very obvious. But I am thinking about doing a 1/32 scale LCP in the future once I locate a suitable donor kit. So I will bear you in mind! Thanks again and take care 

cheers

Andrew

14 hours ago, 06/24 said:

FC Modeltrend offer a set:

https://www.fcmodeltrend.com/35565-ford-t-wheels-135-scale-p-1-51-693/

Various sellers online, depending where you are. 

Yes these were the ones I found as well, but couldn’t find a local seller. The postal rates from the US do make it rather expensive. But thank you anyway. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 06/24 said:

Also I think ICM offer a spares service, they might be willing to sell you a Sprue B or two direct? Like you, I’m currently rather obsessed with the ICM Ford T’s, in my case various US Army examples in France.

Yes there’s something quite curious about these little vehicles which draws me to them. They became so battered and beaten yet still trudged on! 

• Like 1