Full size, licensed model of a Dalek (from "Remembrance of the Daleks") by This Planet Earth

They are Sci-Fi :P If it had been a scale model I might have been interested, but a full-sized one?  Nah... I could sit in a cupboard and do funny voices for a lot less :owww:

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Mike said:

If it had been a scale model I might have been interested, but a full-sized one?  Nah... I could sit in a cupboard and do funny voices for a lot less

You could park it on your drive to impress your neighbours and friends  . Sitting in your cupboard wont do that😐

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

You could park it on your drive to impress your neighbours and friends 

That wouldn't really work.  A lot of my neighbours don't seem to have a brain, and probably wouldn't know what it was.  Also, having just cleaned out my son's toy box on the patio, I'm a little tired of water, spiders, woodlice and worms. :puke: Imagine getting in a dalek after a winter outside :shocked:

When I was a kid I went in for the Sugar Puffs "Win a Real Dalek" competition... It was supposedly to win one of the actual Daleks used in the Peter Cushing Dr Who film.

I was absolutely convinced I was going to win it 100%..!!!  obviously I didn't :(

apparently the original one that was given as a prize was eventually auctioned in 2016 for £32 grand !

• Like 1

Lobe the pon top of the auction there 29% fees and VAT to pay....

Somewhere I have the remains (missing cover) of a 1973 Radio times Dr Who Special, to commemorate the 10th anniversary, which i was given in 1976.  It listed all the episodes, (many now lost!) and also had plans and instructions to build your own Dalek, which even now I suspect would be right faff....

I'm surprised there have not been many kits,   I got a couple of sets of new Who magazine freebies,  of 4 clip together figures,  which have a reasonable Cyberman and Sontaran in them.  

49188835336_e740d2c02c_h.jpgIMG_0585 by losethekibble, on Flickr

49188332548_0e85fdd30b_h.jpgIMG_0586 by losethekibble, on Flickr

I'm having visions of how cool a 1970's  Airfix 1/32nd Dr.Who  set would have been now.   I know Airfix did some larger Dr Who figures, but they seemed quite faff.

I know they did 5" figures, and I got the daughter some lego type ones to go with her Dalek space ship.

I'm wittering again.   I did start on the figures above, they can be made a lot better with a bit of modelling input, shame they didn't do more.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Somewhere I have the remains (missing cover) of a 1973 Radio times Dr Who Special, to commemorate the 10th anniversary, which i was given in 1976.  It listed all the episodes, (many now lost!) and also had plans and instructions to build your own Dalek,

Those plans are famously incorrect. However they have become so notorious that sometimes people build them to deliberately make an 'odd looking' Dalek.

This site is all about building Daleks including very detailed and accurate plans, mainly full size but does have some scale model stuff:

https://www.projectdalek.co.uk

If you really want to appreciate Daleks another way is to Google 'Katy Manning and Daleks'. Doctor Who was better in those days 🙂

Edited by Pete F
correct name
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 02/05/2021 at 22:14, Paws4thot said:

Take note; some of the results of this search will be 18 certificate.

Yes. Sorry, I forgot to say. The Dalek in some photos isn't wearing any clothes.

• Haha 1