HELLO! From York, UK

Hummel

Just thought i would introduce myself.

Been building scale stuff for over 40 years on and off. Just got back into it after building myself a new shed during last years lockdown. Was away from scale modelling for over a decade until that point with all my stuff gathering dust in the loft. It is all transferred to the shed now and i have started making again, continuing with half finished projects and tidying up dusty relics!

I have also started a Youtube channel which documents a bit of the history behind the models and how to scratch build mods and turn standard plastic models to RC.

If you fancy a look my channel can be found here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjg2mqzCFZladh7VKya7FVw

In the coming weeks i hope i hope to post photo essays on how to build your own high output rc smoke machine for scale models (using hair dryer element wire!) as well as update on my collection/builds.

Looking forward to looking at your stuff too (Man, theres some quality stuff on this forum!!) :)

Great to be here,

Terry

• Like 2

Just now, AaronKSJ said:

Welcome Terry! 

I'm just down the road in the Leeds. 

Hoping to get up to the Yorkshire Air Museum at some point this year. 

The YouTube channel sounds intriguing!

Aaron

Dive in mate! vids start with a bit of sloppy research :) then a bit about the model, keeps me from going insane on furlough :)

Yorkshire Air Museum and Eden Camp both worth a visit, been many many times. The Flak 88 at Eden camp is an amazing bit of kit (thats if its still there, last time i went it was outside in a very sorry state waiting for resto)

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Terry ...:post1: from across the pond in Chicago. Mostly build aircraft here myself. 

Dennis

hi mate, built a few flyers in my time still remember with fondness building an Airfix Lancaster (Dam busters version) when i was around 9-10 years old. Glue everywhere it shouldnt have been! Have a Tamiya Spit in my stash that i will get around to building eventually (everyone gotta have a spit in there collection, right?).

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

• Like 1

Hi Terry!  Welcome aboard and it's nice to hear from another Yorkie!  (although I live in Rhode Island now) Will check out your channel, and well done on building yourself a hobby hut. Regards, Pete in RI

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, europapete said:

Hi Terry!  Welcome aboard and it's nice to hear from another Yorkie!  (although I live in Rhode Island now) Will check out your channel, and well done on building yourself a hobby hut. Regards, Pete in RI

The shed will now henceforth be known as The Hobby Hut!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 12:55 PM, Hummel said:

Just thought i would introduce myself.

Been building scale stuff for over 40 years on and off. Just got back into it after building myself a new shed during last years lockdown. Was away from scale modelling for over a decade until that point with all my stuff gathering dust in the loft. It is all transferred to the shed now and i have started making again, continuing with half finished projects and tidying up dusty relics!

I have also started a Youtube channel which documents a bit of the history behind the models and how to scratch build mods and turn standard plastic models to RC.

If you fancy a look my channel can be found here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjg2mqzCFZladh7VKya7FVw

In the coming weeks i hope i hope to post photo essays on how to build your own high output rc smoke machine for scale models (using hair dryer element wire!) as well as update on my collection/builds.

Looking forward to looking at your stuff too (Man, theres some quality stuff on this forum!!) :)

Great to be here,

Terry

Welcome aboard Terry...not far from Selby here

On 3/2/2021 at 1:39 PM, AaronKSJ said:

I've still never made it to Eden camp, once day trips become a thing again it'll be on my radar

Me neither and living nr selby and being ex Driver and passing it on A64,  I cant work out why i have never been