Its the bottom of the ninth , scores are tied -- ** TopGun graduated **

I think I kept above the 10000ft HardDeck , Jester is very much alive ! 

I the word's of Cher  'If I could turn back time - I would have purchased a 2Bobs Tinker Toy decal set'   

But I  did not so I have had the fun of creating a full set of home made decals :) - it makes modelling more fun , the 2nd fun part of home made decals is that all the different decal fix / softeners I have used eat away the ink on the edges so there is a 'blending'  process , if you have to print on white decal paper.

This is what I have ended up with 

A5kr4h7.jpg

QuuRnGv.jpg 

fagW0yB.jpg

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Work has continued even in the nice weather we have been having in UK , which has dragged me outside for DIY jobs :) 

The small fiddly bits on the underside have been attached and she can stand on her own legs ! 

1hSlqyZ.jpg

4ANouum.jpg

zkSuuWt.jpg?2

X2KXmBc.jpg

Next Step is a Matt/Satin coat , and maybe a little more weather with pastels (though not 100% sure)

• Like 4

• RJ-WobblyHands changed the title to Its the bottom of the ninth , scores are tied -- ** TopGun graduated **

Calling this completed - before I make it worse :) 

Definitely a fun build - learning all the time.... now its time for the big one !

Dm9AgUg.jpg

yRIatKJ.jpg

fy70STg.jpg

27iAMOx.jpg

And the Arty Photo 

8HVjn5V.jpg

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands
  • Like 4

What a great result!

Wouldn't have been right to have a Skyhawk GB without a Top Gun bird in it and having one from the movie too just makes it even better. And you have done a really good job on her too as it is a more tricky scheme to paint than it looks especially with lining up the colours with the markings.

Thanks for having taken part in the GB and for producing such an excellent model.

Very well done.

• Like 2