1/20, Maschinen Krieger Falke.

Now we're getting there. The domes look good chipped and it looks great 'in flight'. I too like the white circles.

As for the overspray, search for pictures of P-38 turbosuperchargers (because that's what they are) and see how rusty they could get.

The fan disc (In flight as yours is) would show up silver ish)

Try some more setting solution on lifting decals. though they look great in the pictures.

Lovely build and paint job! It's really coming together very nicely. I like the fact that you can view it from different angles and have the impression that some bits are "borrowed" from historical aircraft and other machines. Are the fronts of the engine-sections based on the noses of American WW2 fighters, just turned through 45 degrees? Now it's been mentioned, I can well believe that the engine was based on an old Yakult bottle. 

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris. 

4 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Are the fronts of the engine-sections based on the noses of American WW2 fighters, just turned through 45 degrees? Now it's been mentioned, I can well believe that the engine was based on an old Yakult bottle. 

The ancient Revell 1/32nd P-38.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks.  So, after lots of procrastination, and fears that I would screw up the weathering, I went  and did some today.  

My plan was to do a pass in a rusty brown to offset all that green, and then go over that in some black,  all whilst not getting too heavy.  I did have some clumsy edges between parts, which I was looking to blend in a bit with some of this work.

My plan wasn't that succesful as I think the results were too heavy, maybe the brown was a bit too hot, but I quite the like the contrast in the end.  I did the underside first as practice for the topside.  I think I should use less brown on the top, and be less heavy in general. 

m6lsjv4.jpeg

gfLpHJY.jpeg

kvKDZQC.jpeg

Q5rllsj.jpeg

v7u8jLI.jpeg

gffNCNM.jpeg

ajrSCXK.jpeg

• Like 14

5 hours ago, TristanR said:

I think I should use less brown on the top, and be less heavy in general. 

That looks good to me. I like the streaking too. The green has been dulled down nicely and doesn't 'shout out' so much.

Maybe a couple of very light passes with the brown and a touch of 'desert yellow' on top?

A bit of metallic paint underneath, on the mechanical bits, would liven it up a bit.

Google B-17 or P-38 turbosupercharger. Lots of shades.

Good to see you back on here. Pete

I think I'd missed this entirely, sorry. The red accents look fantastic with the off white and mint green, a really felicitous scheme.

W