0-6-0 Peckett saddle tank engine

Hello, denizens of the dusty end of the forum. Thought I'd pop down here to show off my latest whittling project: a pre-war Peckett 0-6-0 ST. I chose it as a starter loco project as it didn't have too many wheels to carve in case I found the going a bit tough. Everythign is hand carved from wood with a few brass wire embellishments. Oh, and soeme galvanised felt nails for buffers.

Hope you like

50993222193_82ac62de74_o.jpg 

img%5D 
img%5D
img%5D
img%5D
img%5D
img%5D
img%5D
img%5D

"60 ton angel falls to the earth / Pile of old metal, a radiant blur"

• Like 13

NICE!!!

What scale is it?

I like the wood grain look, but are you going to paint it?

I once built a "scratch-bash" Shay locomotive out of wood dowels and built the cab using coupons that came with packs of cigarettes.... took a lot of paint to keep the Camel image from bleeding through ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Timmy said:

NICE!!!

What scale is it?

I like the wood grain look, but are you going to paint it?

I once built a "scratch-bash" Shay locomotive out of wood dowels and built the cab using coupons that came with packs of cigarettes.... took a lot of paint to keep the Camel image from bleeding through ...

The scale is whatever it worked out to be when printing the plans to fit a4 paper. Its 205mm buffer to buffer, so roughly 1/38.

The chief domestic engineer has decreed that she likes it as  a wood sculpture rather than painted, so wood it shall remain in the interest of marital harmony :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Great model! 😀

hand made wooden wheels! 😱

Thanks. They turned out easier than I was expecting, I had a curved gouge of exactly the right radius which helped, some diamond needle files and a large box of scalpel blades. The wheels are boxwood, which is amazing stuff almost like plastic.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...