Mikromir Myasishchev 3MS Bison 1/144

Adam Poultney

I saw Mikromir have just shown this on their Facebook page, and I don't see a previous thread for the model on here. 

It should be a nice size in this scale, doubtless to the dismay of some who would like 1/72. Between this and the Trumpeter Xian H-6K, I should have some good opposition to my V Force. 

155781845_3967098756701164_7478713288989

155996683_3967098750034498_8485091724784

155801790_3967098763367830_6231584847032

Edit: almost forgot to add a comment about it not being a vulcan b1 grump grump grump

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Edit: almost forgot to add a comment about it not being a vulcan b1 grump grump grump

you  are right! it does not look like one at all! but on the positive side, it also does nothing wrong on any of the 137 Vulcan subvariants!

I am looking forward to this kit! Although I have to admit that my 144 bomber endeavor did not really start yet.... :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XV107 said:

I should like to complain vigorously on behalf of my bank account about this  choice of subject...

we will have to wait to see the price.... I don't know how this compares in size to their Victor B1 which is £36 I think. Can't be much bigger

2 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

we will have to wait to see the price.... I don't know how this compares in size to their Victor B1 which is £36 I think. Can't be much bigger

It’s a bit bigger than a Victor but still won’t be huge in 1/144.

Definitely going to need one of these.

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

So will I, one of the few Soviet heavy aircraft that I actually like the look of. 

Soviet heavies are great! Tu16, Chinese derivative of Tu16 Xian H6, Tu144, Tu95, An225, all up there as favourites. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zebra said:

It’s a bit bigger than a Victor but still won’t be huge in 1/144.

Definitely going to need one of these.

If you can give me a few weeks I am building an Anigrand Victor for the Gulf War GB and the Bison for the Anything but Injection GB, I can post pics of them side by side for comparison.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ha, speak of the devil, excellent news, I always liked the look of the 3MD variant, even though they only produced nine of them, had the integration with the missile system (K-14S) been resolved they may have proved more than a little troublesome to the west, although range was always an issue. A 3MD with two K-14S would have been more versatile than both the Tu-16K-10 and Tu-95 K-20 dedicated missile carriers at the time, due to its dual missile/free fall capabilities.

The Bison was significantly bigger than the Victor, roughly the same length as a B-52, although with a slightly shorter wingspan, so I imagine, will be priced accordingly. Great to see the VM-T as well. Have to get one of each now...

One slight issue though, the 3MD had a narrow chord rudder, (to offset the high input pressures experienced with the wider rudder of the earlier aircraft). The only variant of the 3MD to use the broader rudder was the sole prototype 3ME so technically that's the only version that can be built from the kit. Anigrand did the same thing.

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2021 at 10:09 PM, Adam Poultney said:

A bit later than planned but here is a comparison of the sizes of the Anigrand kits:

IMG_20210530_170627

• Like 4