Jump to content

Mikromir Myasishchev 3MS Bison 1/144


Adam Poultney
 Share

Recommended Posts

I saw Mikromir have just shown this on their Facebook page, and I don't see a previous thread for the model on here. 

It should be a nice size in this scale, doubtless to the dismay of some who would like 1/72. Between this and the Trumpeter Xian H-6K, I should have some good opposition to my V Force. 

155781845_3967098756701164_7478713288989

155996683_3967098750034498_8485091724784

155801790_3967098763367830_6231584847032

 

Edit: almost forgot to add a comment about it not being a vulcan b1 grump grump grump

 

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Edit: almost forgot to add a comment about it not being a vulcan b1 grump grump grump

you  are right! it does not look like one at all! but on the positive side, it also does nothing wrong on any of the 137 Vulcan subvariants!

 

I am looking forward to this kit! Although I have to admit that my 144 bomber endeavor did not really start yet.... :D

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, XV107 said:

I should like to complain vigorously on behalf of my bank account about this  choice of subject...

we will have to wait to see the price.... I don't know how this compares in size to their Victor B1 which is £36 I think. Can't be much bigger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

we will have to wait to see the price.... I don't know how this compares in size to their Victor B1 which is £36 I think. Can't be much bigger

It’s a bit bigger than a Victor but still won’t be huge in 1/144.

 

Definitely going to need one of these.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

So will I, one of the few Soviet heavy aircraft that I actually like the look of. 

Soviet heavies are great! Tu16, Chinese derivative of Tu16 Xian H6, Tu144, Tu95, An225, all up there as favourites. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/03/2021 at 15:00, Adam Poultney said:

I saw Mikromir have just shown this on their Facebook page, and I don't see a previous thread for the model on here. 

It should be a nice size in this scale, doubtless to the dismay of some who would like 1/72. Between this and the Trumpeter Xian H-6K, I should have some good opposition to my V Force. 

155781845_3967098756701164_7478713288989

155996683_3967098750034498_8485091724784

155801790_3967098763367830_6231584847032

 

Edit: almost forgot to add a comment about it not being a vulcan b1 grump grump grump

 

I'll add it for you! It's not a Vulcan B1/B1A! 😉😂.

Here's another grump - wrong  scale! 😉🤣

 

John!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, zebra said:

It’s a bit bigger than a Victor but still won’t be huge in 1/144.

 

Definitely going to need one of these.

If you can give me a few weeks I am building an Anigrand Victor for the Gulf War GB and the Bison for the Anything but Injection GB, I can post pics of them side by side for comparison.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Ha, speak of the devil, excellent news, I always liked the look of the 3MD variant, even though they only produced nine of them, had the integration with the missile system (K-14S) been resolved they may have proved more than a little troublesome to the west, although range was always an issue. A 3MD with two K-14S would have been more versatile than both the Tu-16K-10 and Tu-95 K-20 dedicated missile carriers at the time, due to its dual missile/free fall capabilities.

 

The Bison was significantly bigger than the Victor, roughly the same length as a B-52, although with a slightly shorter wingspan, so I imagine, will be priced accordingly. Great to see the VM-T as well. Have to get one of each now...

 

One slight issue though, the 3MD had a narrow chord rudder, (to offset the high input pressures experienced with the wider rudder of the earlier aircraft). The only variant of the 3MD to use the broader rudder was the sole prototype 3ME so technically that's the only version that can be built from the kit. Anigrand did the same thing.

 

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 3/1/2021 at 10:09 PM, Adam Poultney said:

we will have to wait to see the price.... I don't know how this compares in size to their Victor B1 which is £36 I think. Can't be much bigger

A bit later than planned but here is a comparison of the sizes of the Anigrand kits:

IMG_20210530_170627

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...