Surely the most elegant of them all.....

Excellent model Chris. Thanks for sharing.

My aunt and uncle lived in Uxbridge in the 1960s and 70s and when we visited from Scotland a full day's spotting at Heathrow was always included. I still count it a privilege to have seen VC-10s "in the flesh". They were magnificent machines and your model is a fitting tribute.

Dave G

I've wondered how the Roden kit built up and now I know. You've done a very fine job with that one. VC-10 is among the most elegant airliners ever. I rank it up there with the Comet 4 series.

Edited by SAT69
misspell
  • Like 1

Lovely model beautifully finished, surely one of Britains finest airliners.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Cheers Michael.        .

Hi Chris,

This is awesome, like many I love the VC10 and yes it is the most elegant of them all. And this is a very elegant model, first time I've seen one with the clear windows too I think. Nice to see the wing detail highlighted because with the absence of Coroguard or anything that large wing could be quite bland so it keeps it looking busy.

Thanks for posting, looking forward to more!

Cheers,

Ian

10 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Chris,

This is awesome, like many I love the VC10 and yes it is the most elegant of them all. And this is a very elegant model, first time I've seen one with the clear windows too I think. Nice to see the wing detail highlighted because with the absence of Coroguard or anything that large wing could be quite bland so it keeps it looking busy.

Thanks for posting, looking forward to more!

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian. The cabin windows are actually decals, but I managed to salvage some clear bits of the kit windscreen. The windscreen outline decal was quite a bit bigger than the kit transparency so needed some carefully camouflaged touch ups with grey and black paint. I like the look of the nose overall on this kit, though. It captures the VC10 look better than Airfix, and many times better than the Mach 2 1/72 kit.