Nishizawa's Zero model 22 finished. Tamiya 1/48: Sovereign & Xtracolor enamels. Somewhat picture heavy-sorry!

That is actually a very convincing attempt at recreating the famous ace's aircraft. However I think that the green was far stronger/darker on the real aircraft. Also I think that the wheel wells and leg covers should be painted in Aotake, like the flaps. 

10 minutes ago, Josip said:

Also I think that the wheel wells and leg covers should be painted in Aotake, like the flaps. 

That depends on the manufacturer, I believe it is the underside colour for Mitsubishi-built A6M2's and Aotake for the Nakajima-built ones :) 

Cheers,

Stew

8 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

That depends on the manufacturer, I believe it is the underside colour for Mitsubishi-built A6M2's and Aotake for the Nakajima-built ones :) 

Cheers,

Stew

Stew is correct concerning the presence of Aotake or not; the green should have a more dark and blueish shade as it is a Navy plane, and to me the U/C down whitness are a bit oversized. Very nice model indeed, cheers.

Thanks for your comments. You are  correct about the color appearance, in that it was rather washed out by the flash of the camera. The color on the model is much darker and a deeper green.  I photographer I am not...FWIW here is a shot taken without the flash under indoor lighting. As an aside all A6M3s were Mitsubishi built and used the undersurface color  in the wheel wells and doors. 

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by pat d
  • Like 2