Airfix 1/72 EE Lightning F6

Utterly superb... and wonderful photography/presentation, too! I hope one day to be able to make 1:72 model aircraft half as well. One of my favourite aeroplanes, too.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Thanks for that, only I did just as you did there, on a previous Voodoo. Alclad microfiller grey primer, then that gloss, then alclad airframe aluminium. Everything had dried correctly, but nearly all the Aluminium peeled off! Ended up binning the kit. 

This time I just used the latest version of the gloss black as the primer, but like I say, their airframe aluminium was almost like a chrome effect. This time I haven't done a WIP, but when it's done I'll put it in the RFI.

That's very strange, I've never had a problem with peeling Alclad, occasionally it wears through with constant handling. 

As for the over shiny aluminium a good heavy oil wash should tone it down a bit.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments

gazza l

11 minutes ago, gazza l said:

That's very strange, I've never had a problem with peeling Alclad, occasionally it wears through with constant handling. 

As for the over shiny aluminium a good heavy oil wash should tone it down a bit.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments

gazza l

Cheers gazza, it was so bad I tried stripping all the paint off but ended up binning the Voodoo.

With this current F3 I ended up spraying Vallejo Metal color aluminium over it & it now looks just right. Funny how Alclad gets different results with different people, some people hate it. I won't let it get the better of me though, I will master it. Saying that I really love the Vallejo stuff, never had a problem with it.