Matchbox 1/72 A-4M

rafalbert

Argh !!!!

My " madeleine de Proust " as we say in french ... I built this one , with the very same scheme ... a loooong time ago .

A joy to see .

Thanks for this time warp !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, finally done. Another "not my best effort" I'm afraid with mistakes all over the place (the worst being some leaked paint on the canopy 🤦🏼‍♂️). Bullpup missiles duly attached with a centreline fuel tank stolen from the Airfix A-4B kit. I have no idea if it is accurate for an A-4M (I think the Bullpups may be suspect too) but it gives it a more "tooled up" look. What was supposed to be a quick build took a lot longer than planned due to life getting in the way again but it was good fun nontheless. Another one for the shelf!

IMG_20210411_144852 IMG_20210411_144901 IMG_20210411_144910

• Like 6

On 4/11/2021 at 4:09 PM, modelling minion said:

An excellent result on your old Matchbox A-4 Dave.

A very nice and colourful set of markings and those Bullpups add the finishing touch.

Well done and thanks for taking part in the GB.

Thank you for hosting it! As I say, it was good fun and there have been some excellent builds on here.

• Thanks 1

Hi there,

a Matchbox kit is always a joy to behold, especially when it has received a goodly amount of TLC.

You've done a great job on this A-4. Congrats!!!

I have never paid any attention to the way Bullpup missiles are attached to their support. Are they really connected that far back? Impressive whatever.

Cheers

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi there,

a Matchbox kit is always a joy to behold, especially when it has received a goodly amount of TLC.

You've done a great job on this A-4. Congrats!!!

I have never paid any attention to the way Bullpup missiles are attached to their support. Are they really connected that far back? Impressive whatever.

Cheers

JR

Honestly I have no idea! That is how Matchbox set it up so I just went with it!

• Like 1