Another Newbie with Yet Another Tiger I

I think this is ready for inspection... This is the first model I've completed since my youth nearly 20-years-ago. I've found that as I've reentered modeling as an adult I'm never exactly sure when I'm done with a project. Please let me know if there are any aspects I can improve or add on.

This is an older Tamiya "Early Production" kit I've had for nearly two-decades. The decals required quite a bit of softening to properly adhere. Perhaps taking the easy route, I chose not to recreate a specific Tiger; just a three-color camo pattern with no unit markings other than the tank's number. I also wanted to represent a relatively new-to-the-field Tiger without much wear. Just a touch of rust and lots of dirt. I have a duplicate of this kit that I plan on completing in a white-washed, winter camo with extensive wear and projectile impacts.

Base colors for the camo are Model Master acrylics with Vallejo acrylics for weathering.

ZMwPcSM.jpg

soF1ldc.jpg

WExvJYH.jpg

qnftfmn.jpg

SLSNapT.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by WeekendModeler
Addition of tags
  • Like 16

Nice work, and I like the cammo. Can I just add, when you start a new topic, after you've entered the title, it's useful to the viewer to know a little about the model, so just add things such s the scale, the kit manufacturer and anything else which you think might help. If you put each entry where it says "TAGS", and the hit the comma on your keyboard, after each one, it'll appear in bold type.

John.

• Like 1