JR's 1/72 Airfix A-4B

jean

On 03/06/2021 at 16:07, jean said:

Hi guys,

I snapped the refuelling probe on this build as well: that is 100% IR probe on my two A-4B builds....

After building a number of Skyhawks over the years I have found out the following:

The best way to avoid breakage is (logically) to leave the boom off the model until at least main painting and decalling is done ;)

If the boom has broken a good alternative is to replace it with a tube from Albion Alloys - yes I've done it myself! (after breaking the refuelling boom of a 1/72 Fujimi A-4C for the THIRD time 😜)

A hypo needle is another possibility... with two problems: 1- it is made of steel - cutting it is not easy (sp. as compared to the Albion Alloys' tubes); 2- it is difficult to acquire in many countries without being pegged as a druggie 😝

Cheers, Moggy

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Moggy said:

After building a number of Skyhawks over the years I have found out the following:

The best way to avoid breakage is (logically) to leave the boom off the model until at least main painting and decalling is done ;)

Cheers, Moggy

Hi Moggy,

thanks for the advice.

It took me two A-4Bs with a snapped IFR probe, to reach the same conclusion as you have. This proves that my wife is right, and that I am very slow at the intake....

I therefore need to build a third A-4... Way to go!

JR