Heller Hispano Suiza K6 1/24th

My latest effort, up to or should I say down to my usual standard

Typical Heller car needs a bit of care, but finishes quite a nice model

No doubt there are those that could make a better job than me

I had a few problems building it, biggest was the body or chassis were twisted so all wheels didn't touch.

I managed to correct that, but didn't notice that the radiator is not square with body and it wasn't easily moved as it goes on before body goes on chassis

So bonnets not the best fit, but it is one of those that I would end up doing more harm than good if I tried to correct it although there is one photo below that was before a readjustment

The other problem is despite being extra careful and coating with Klear I managed to damage decal on left hand door. 

I need to source a better colour to try to blend it once shops reopen.

Few other muck ups but it again it's best left as it is and try and learn from my mistakes

And before anybody says I started this long before Heller GB started so wasn't eligible

One of the difficulties I had and gave up on is the chrome strips on running board. They are  so close there is about five or six of them I just couldn't make them look ok. The first inch or so was fine but from the they looked awful and just looked as if running board was silver. So if anybody has any ideas for the next one I would appreciate it

Talking of which the last photo is with my Citreon Normande which was in Heller GB along with lots of fantastic builds, well worth a look if you haven't already peaked

So to pictures

resized_3a26e134-6162-47aa-b6cb-0dda5164

resized_10bcc26f-26d0-478a-9967-8c7b45a7

resized_bde6cb91-5a6c-4f1d-8457-e5d7cfd4

resized_38fe4803-af4a-470b-bf91-2031368b

resized_387a0695-0181-4f51-b2ad-9e99eef7

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

That's a nice pair! I'd say you did a fine job there, we all know Heller kits can give you a bit of trouble. Why don't you just leave the running boards as is? Black looks fine to me. 

• Thanks 1

I think you've exaggerated the problems with it, it looks fine to me.

In terms of the running board, I can't see any way of doing them short of masking along the strips. If they are that close together you probably will need ot do one at a time, and as the Molotow Chrome isn't that robust you would probably just be able to do them in silver paint.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Macsporran said:

Bare Metal Foil is great for chrome strips. Cover the whole running board then carefully slice along edge of strips with a new knife blade and remove excess.

Nice models.

That's worth a try, I have never used it before so will give it a go on the next one.

Wants to be done before body goes on so I darn't risk it on this one

Thanks for idea

And thanks for the other kind comments and likes, much appreciated