Aftermarket Martin-Baker seat identification - help wanted.

Welkin

MB

I was sorting through some old boxes and came across an unbagged, unmarked, unidentified resin seat - it will be 1:48 scale but I don't know which model it is supposed to be, who the likely manufacturer is, or which aircraft it was designed for - any help with the ID would be most appreciated!

As is often the case it's vague/inaccurate enough to represent any number of seats! :)

Definitely looks like a MB Mk.3 of some sort though. Could be used as a 3H for a late Hunter or a 3B for a Vampire T.11 of a 3J for a Javelin for example.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 11:54 AM, StephenMG said:

As is often the case it's vague/inaccurate enough to represent any number of seats! :)

Definitely looks like a MB Mk.3 of some sort though. Could be used as a 3H for a late Hunter or a 3B for a Vampire T.11 of a 3J for a Javelin for example.

yup, it has elements of the Mk2 without the thigh guards, but no  back parachute housing/headrest  of the Mk4.  That's why I ventured the answer 'early Mk3'.

Thanks for all the information; my (admittedly poor) memory seems to recall that it might be a Pavla seat?

Possibly for the marks of Meteor/Vampire that had a bang seat?

I have several Academy Hunters (and the essential aftermarket to correct them), bought long before the new Airfix kit - it's probably got separated somehow - thanks for your help guys! 👍

On 03/03/2021 at 15:50, Welkin said:

Thanks for all the information; my (admittedly poor) memory seems to recall that it might be a Pavla seat?

Possibly for the marks of Meteor/Vampire that had a bang seat?

That's not a meteor seat. 

TBH not sure its anyones seat. The back seems far to shallow. The only seat I have seen with a back that shallow was the Folland seat but that had a different head box.

• Like 1