Tupolev Tu-16K-10-26 (Badger-C mod) - 1/72 Trumpeter

Despite everything, you've done a fabulous job indeed. It looks fantatsic. Well done!!

I have one in 1:144 in my stash... I only hope it comes out as well as yours whenever I get round to it.

Miguel

An amazing amount of work has gone into this build and it really shows. An absolutely brilliant outcome Sean.:clap:. Ive got the Chinese/Russian glass nosed one to do sometime and I shall be looking out for all the things you've mentioned.

Cheers

Pete

I'm waiting on some intakes before I can start mine, it's nice to know the pitfalls before I begin.

Incidentally Soviet military aircraft are not NMF, the are painted with silver lacquer, and therefore are uniform in appearance, apart from staining.

I know it looks a bit boring, but it would have saved you some work. Outstanding job all the same.

18 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Incidentally Soviet military aircraft are not NMF, the are painted with silver lacquer, and therefore are uniform in appearance, apart from staining.

I thought so too, and I was prepared to go for the uniform look, but my Aerofax book on the Badger is packed with pictures that show all sorts of finishes.  It's interesting how the metallic surface throws the light around differently, depending what angle you view it from.  You can see it very clearly on the inner wing, where the pitch is so great, and if you turn the model at different angles to the window, the pattern changes again.  But I'm reasonably confident that the stuff in the book can't be explained like that.

Plus, there's artistic licence ...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...