MH-47E SOA Chinook 1/72 Scale by Italeri

My second build(of recent times) is a MH47E SOA chinook in 1/72 scale and made by Italeri. I got this from my folks for Christmas(beats socks any day of the week) and after completing the Merkava i immediately got straight onto this.

Finally after 14 days of hands on work, i had the chinook completed!

Its not been the most enjoyable build i have done due to parts not lining up and parts easily broken or lost, but worst of all was cutting out a whole bottom section to replace with another, when the manufacturer could have just had it in the first place! It nearly kind of broke me, but i am happy with seeing it through to the end.

I hope my pictures are okay as i have noticed that some folks on here have absolute amazing backgrounds and stands to present theres.....and my pictures kinda look like they were taken with a potatoe!

I was going for a more middle eastern look for this aircraft, and one that was in an old airfield setting, so I’ve went heavy with the weathering and sand. Experience whilst in the Army and also abroad showed me that these aircraft are work horses and are usually dirty and dust inside. 

CuFkIwW.jpg

[In this picture, you can see where i messed up with the rear window by cutting in to deep when removing the bottom section off, i tried to repair it the best i could but it still looks off.]

llWofgG.jpg

dPRA5Ld.jpg

[The inside is fully weathered and has that “dirty” look and the cockpit i really went to town with but, after closing it up i feel that i didn’t really need to bother.....you cant even see it!🙁]

Osepm2k.jpg
[The Decal on this side is a bit off, nearly lost it moving it into position! Learned from this learning experience to use Micro Sol and Micro set in future.]

Vd7Ya5e.jpg

A4j6TXu.jpg
[Finished product, placed into a picture frame then poured in plaster of paris and weatherd the whole thing...]

With my first aircraft now done, i have definitely learned a lot of things......by making a lot of mistakes! but i have really noticed an increase in my own personal skill in model building in such a short time that I'm really happy with. My hope is to keep the skills building along with more models!

Edited by Rossco_builds
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Looks good and dusty, nice build and well done for sticking with it, difficult builds often help to grow your skill set, well done.

Cheers mate, much appreciated, and yeah perseverance definitely prevailed even though i wanted to launch it at points. Glad i didn't!

2 hours ago, swralph said:

Very nice build.😀

Thank you buddy, means a lot!🙌

• Like 1

The Italeri Chinook is not an easy build, but you have done a good job on it. May I suggest Hobby Boss kits for easier builds and a quick way to build up your collection !

Wulfman

• Like 1

On 28/02/2021 at 16:30, Farmerboy said:

Looks good and dusty, nice build and well done for sticking with it, difficult builds often help to grow your skill set, well done.

Cheers mate, the dusty look was definitely the look i was going for with this one. Tough build but really happy with the end result to be sure, though makes me a bit wary of buying Italeri models in the future.

On 02/03/2021 at 11:42, F-32 said:

Great job, very nicely done

Thank you🙌 

On 01/03/2021 at 03:11, Wulfman said:

The Italeri Chinook is not an easy build, but you have done a good job on it. May I suggest Hobby Boss kits for easier builds and a quick way to build up your collection !

Wulfman

I have previously done a Hobby Boss kit straight after i had done this one, it was the Landrover WMIK and it was an absolute dream to build, throughly enjoyed building it(pictures up soon ish) 

thank you for the suggestion mate, im definitely on it👍

On 28/02/2021 at 16:50, swralph said:

Very nice build.😀

Cheers mate, thank you so much👍

• Like 1