Tamiya 1:48 Heinkel He-219 Night Fighter

TiG

Here are the finished photos of my most recent build, Tamiya's venerable He-219. Following the clear coat to protect the paintwork, an oil panel line wash of dark drown on the upper surfaces, and light brown on the underside was added. The excess was wiped off and the model was sealed with a semi-gloss coat prior to attaching the gear, props, fiddly parts. Chipping was added using grey paint and prismacolour pencil, and exhaust staining, fuel leaks etc were added using various Mig and Vallejo products. Finally the FuG radio masts and antennae rigging were attached and navigation lights added using Krystal Klear.
At 24 years young, this kit was a pleasure to construct and didn't fight me one inch. A real testament to the engineers at Tamiya! Thanks for viewing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FYVSZMhb11qbtXnaA

Edited by TiG
Embedded images
  • Like 29

Excellent build! I've particularly liked the squiggles on the camouflage. You need a really steady hand to get that result. Well done!

Cheers, Ivan

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Nice but it would be better with the pictures open on here. All I get is small ones on Pinterest with words over them.

Thanks Pete. I don't have a third party photo hosting account... can you link to Google Photos? I may have to look into it.

• Like 1

One of the best looking He 219 models I've seen! And the camouflage looks great; apperently applied like on the original – light grey sprayed over a dark base colour.

You should really try to add valid pics to this thread – your model is worth it.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Always had a soft spot for this aircraft ,ever since been given the frog version in the 1960s as a present. Since then i have built many the last one was the revell one ,in 1/72 scale ,now iam looking to do the 1/32 scale one when i can get a big enough shelf for it plus sweeten her indoors to come round to the idea 😉. You have turned out a beautiful example of a very nice kit ,well done 👏 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TiG said:

Have just linked to my original build thread for those interested. I just can't figure out the way this forum does image sharing.

http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16333&p=122705#p122705

You have to directly link to the image .

eg:

file.php?id=21141&sid=500fa7e70a6341496c

direct link to photo:

http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au/forum/download/file.php?id=21141&sid=500fa7e70a6341496c0d06de3e9b0b25

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...