SB-2. A tale of two Tus...

AdrianMF

1 hour ago, Stew Dapple said:

no idea

Follow the lines then (hopefully!) the numbers pop out at the end when you take off the masking.

54 minutes ago, Marklo said:

First Tu

Oh blimey, I forgot about the nice one!

3 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

rest of the model

Plodding on towards the end here. Just realised I’d forgotten to put exhausts on the list and the units no longer fit in the ‘oles :(

Anyhow, got my nose cone done. A tad thicker than I wanted but done nonetheless:

E8-D5-E689-1-B1-B-4-DD0-9757-691-C483266

• Like 10

Great method for large numbers with no silvering guaranteed! :)

Great progress. You are inspiring me to do more Soviet machines this year then I was planning...

Regards

J-W

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Masters said:

Nice work on the numbers!

Thanks John. It’s my go-to method when I can’t find a suitable decal.

22 minutes ago, JWM said:

Great progress

Thanks J-W. The trouble is, this one refuses to get finished! I still need to print out some decals for the fuselage and my list seems as long as ever.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

One step forward - fuselage numbers from 14 pt “Phongraph” font:

CE3-B831-C-C9-B4-461-C-A828-B0-D9-B2041-

And one step back - front framing is too thick so I made a deal; if I could scratch it off with a cocktail stick without damaging the glazing, I would do it again:

22242934-F2-E6-4353-815-F-476-CC5-FA1-BF

• Like 8

4 hours ago, CedB said:

number masking

Well, I can't decide between a silhouette cutter or a 3D printer for my birthday, and I don't have the time to learn either (and more computer stuff grrrraaaagh), so I think I'll be running with tape strips, balsa and car filler for the foreseeable future...

Having waited over a month for Staples to find and deliver the laser printer I ordered (I do need one for work. Well, sort of. The inkjet is now behaving itself.), I realise it's been sitting in a box in the hall for three weeks now!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Saturday morning and back on the case. What I thought to be a bad sprue tag under the nose turned out to be a shell ejection chute, so I have re-instated it and added the venturis:

64-A28-FEC-C4-B4-460-F-BBE6-C2-DFAC98-CE

And I’ve done the propellers, waiting for the superglue on the collars to dry. I’ve gone for metallic radiator shutters:

8-C82-D463-7-F03-45-F5-B4-E2-451-DF5069-

• Like 11

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

home made venturis

Thanks Chris. They are not. Along with the intakes, they are more tantalisingly small parts from FROG to remind you what they could have been capable of. I did have to drill out the ends though :)

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2