Hobby2000 1/72 Skyhawk, H&MS-32 Bandits

Bbdave

Very nice Dave, to my mind the OA-4M and TA-4KU are the best looking of the two seat Skyhawks. Doesn't matter if you know nothing of the subject or not as long as you enjoy the build and the GB and if you need any answers I am sure that somebody will be able to help out.

Being a re-box of the Fujimi kit this one shouldn't give you too many problems as they are a nice build.

I opened the box this morning quite surprised to find two front ends canopies etc. I guess they box both kits the same and supply different decals. This one may be next on the bench as it looks fairly straightforward . 

2021-02-28_10-18-26

2021-02-28_10-18-01

Dave

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Bbdave said:

I opened the box this morning quite surprised to find two front ends canopies etc. I guess they box both kits the same and supply different decals. This one may be next on the bench as it looks fairly straightforward . 

2021-02-28_10-18-26

2021-02-28_10-18-01

Dave

In the bottom right of the sprue picture, I spy with my little eye a pair of TERs and a pair of MERs, which I suspect are included as standard in all the Fujimi (and thence Hobby 2000) A-4 kits.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I made a start with this today I'm building OOB I need a nice straight forward build my mojo has wained a little in recent weeks so this will be a new one for me with the wheels down not my favourite way to look at planes.

So the cockpit bits go together not many parts.

2021-03-23_07-25-56

Dave

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

Very cool indeed.

Is there a particular reason you painted the base of the hump black?

No not at all, im no expert and just thought there might be a chance that it might be visable through the canopy looking back.

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Well you may not have had much time at the bench but you have made very good use if the time you have had Dave.

She has taken shape very well, not much more to do until the build is completed.

Thanks its been relaxing and enjoying the OOB build so much so I accidentally bought this.

2021-03-31_08-02-56

Dave

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bbdave said:

Thanks its been relaxing and enjoying the OOB build so much so I accidentally bought this.

This is exactly what keeps happening to me! Innocently wandering around the internet and before you know it your Paypal balance is a lot less than it was when you started!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

A little progress i sprayed the undersides and masked off and got the first colour on top I'll wait a few days before masking for the green. Then I'll get the undercarriage done I guessed it would be easier to paint before fitting it.

Are the tank rocket pods etc. the same colour as the undersides?

2021-04-13_05-38-54

Dave

• Like 6

I have the green on, slight issues as the decals bridge the two colours and are printed with green and grey backgrounds so the masking of the join between the colours needs to be fairly accurate  its all best guess and fingers crossed they are somewhere close. Other than that its still a straight forward build.

2021-04-19_07-32-40

Dave  

Edited by Bbdave
  • Like 4