Gulf Warrior, Kuwaiti A-4KU Desert Storm 1991. Finished!

2 minutes ago, planecrazee said:

WOW - absolutely stunning Craig - what a beauty.  You've done a fantastic job.  Can't wait to see your finished pics in the gallery.  I think she's going to be the one to beat IMHO :thumbsup:

Kris

Thanks Kris but I think you are being far too kind mate, there are some fantastic builds in this GB including yours (which you need to get moving again! :poke:)

• Like 1

And she is finished!

spacer.png

With the very last bits finally added she has crossed the finish line, I dare say that there is more that could be done detail wise but I am happy with how she looks and she seems to capture the look of these from the pictures I have been using for reference. I like the intake blanks and the extra bit of realism they add for an aircraft parked out in the open in a desert environment, they are by Quickboost and you have to supply your own length of wire for the handles to go on the end of but for only a few extra pounds I think they are worth the expense. The cannon barrels are also by Quickboost and I am not sure they are much different from the kit ones but I needed a set as my Monogram A-4G in the ANZAC GB is from a Blue Angels boxing and doesn't have any cannons so that one got the kit ones from this build and the Kuwaiti one got the resin ones. You should be able to see both in this close up;

spacer.png

And I do like how the stark white of the Rockeye's stands out against  the desert camo too.

spacer.png

Here are a few more pics, I shall post some more in the gallery.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So a big thank you to all of you who have looked in during the build and offered your thoughts and advice and "liked" my posts, it is all very much appreciated. I have really enjoyed this build and will certainly be on the look out for more Hasegawa A-4's in the future, if they ever pull their heads out of their backsides and get around to re-releasing them that is. And don't worry (or do!) I shall still be continuing my hosting duties and will not be deserting the GB just because my build is finished. As usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 15

• modelling minion changed the title to Gulf Warrior, Kuwaiti A-4KU Desert Storm 1991. Finished!

Very nice  desert scooter Craig !

Don't worry , it seems Haseg will re-release the M next july !

Unfortunately , for other models , they're becoming very tricky to obtain ...

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, basket said:

Very nice  desert scooter Craig !

Don't worry , it seems Haseg will re-release the M next july !

Unfortunately , for other models , they're becoming very tricky to obtain ...

Thanks Remy, very much appreciated.

Yes I shall be looking out for another M (or two😉) though I cannot understand why they don't re-release more versions as they are always popular and sell very quickly.

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks Remy, very much appreciated.

Yes I shall be looking out for another M (or two😉) though I cannot understand why they don't re-release more versions as they are always popular and sell very quickly.

Unbelievable ... I managed to grap 5 within the last days ... but they were not cheap ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

You did very well there, I can imagine how expensive they were.

Which versions did you manage to get hold of?

All Hasegawa :

1 Eduard

2 C ( PT22 )  including one without box but complete .

1 TA-4J diamond jubilee ( 09887 ) awful scheme to turn into aggressor hopefully ... if I find a decal sheet :innocent:

1 F Monogram promodeller Blue angels to become an A-4K with the famous gekko graphics ref : 48001

You know what ?

I'm happy !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, basket said:

All Hasegawa :

1 Eduard

2 C ( PT22 )  including one without box but complete .

1 TA-4J diamond jubilee ( 09887 ) awful scheme to turn into aggressor hopefully ... if I find a decal sheet :innocent:

1 F Monogram promodeller Blue angels to become an A-4K with the famous gekko graphics ref : 48001

You know what ?

I'm happy !

I imagine you are VERY happy with that lot Remy.

You did very well to find those versions. As for decals Caracal are going to release a set for TA-4J's, though I do not know if there will be any aggressors on it.

24 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

I imagine you are VERY happy with that lot Remy.

You did very well to find those versions. As for decals Caracal are going to release a set for TA-4J's, though I do not know if there will be any aggressors on it.

Yes !

in fact WE are very happy , since one " charlie " is for Emily ... who is delighted !!!

Ha ha !!! Caracal you said ?

Where did you get the information ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, basket said:

Yes !

in fact WE are very happy , since one " charlie " is for Emily ... who is delighted !!!

Ha ha !!! Caracal you said ?

Where did you get the information ?

Very nice of you to look after Emily as well, you look after him very well.

The Caracal sheet is mentioned on their website, but no release date yet or info on what schemes will be on it. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Craig. I hope you and yours are all keeping well. With getting my most recent build finished and having two weeks until I can start anything new (in the Less Than a Tenner GB), I decided to catch up on what everyone else has been up to. Turns out you have already completed this build!! And what an awesome result!! I have to say this is one of your best yet! I'm pretty sure that, with the beautiful finish you have achieved, if you photographed it in front of a sky backdrop - it would look like the real thing!! Very impressive modelling all round! :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. I hope you and yours are all keeping well. With getting my most recent build finished and having two weeks until I can start anything new (in the Less Than a Tenner GB), I decided to catch up on what everyone else has been up to. Turns out you have already completed this build!! And what an awesome result!! I have to say this is one of your best yet! I'm pretty sure that, with the beautiful finish you have achieved, if you photographed it in front of a sky backdrop - it would look like the real thing!! Very impressive modelling all round! :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks mate, you are far too kind as usual.

Hosting can keep us very busy at times can't it and I know that you have been kept busy with work too so no need to apologise for not visiting until now. I am really looking forward to the Less Than a Tenner GB and think I have decided on my victim. I have just started a Harvard in the GB for that one so need to get a wriggle on so I can start your GB on time.

Health wise I am still not brilliant unfortunately, I officially have long covid and some days it is just as bad as when I caught the bloody thing in January. Thankfully I have been furloughed since February so not had to worry about work as there's no way I could do the job either physically or for the length of time that our shifts are. Still it hasn't stopped me from modelling though, not a great deal of movement required for our hobby thankfully.

3 hours ago, Fabrice Simon said:

beautiful job done on this one ! The finesse of your painting is noticeable as the quality of your buiding ! Bravo !

Thank you very much Fabrice, coming from a modeller of such obvious talent as yourself I take that as a huge compliment.

• 2 weeks later...