Low-viz devil dogs

Dansk

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2021 at 7:09 PM, modelling minion said:

Hi Paul, hope that you are okay as we haven't heard from you in a while.

A gentle nudge to remind you that the GB ends in 2 weeks time and it would be great if you could finish your lovely model in time.

Thanks for the reminder Craig mate and sorry for my absence.
A long-story short: My one-year old daughter got ill and we’ve been very affected by it and I lost the point of modellling for a while and it put aspects of life into perspective but she seems all good now and we hope that continues. 
I have this evening got back on the horse and back to the bench and painted the yellow noses on the bombs.

I think I can bring this in on the deadline, theres only minor work left.

51207876704_7da6ee7eca_b.jpg

51207110536_c077cf7747_b.jpg

51207316038_334675b1ac_b.jpg

• Like 5

First off mate you have nothing to apologise for, family ALWAYS comes first. I am very glad to hear that your daughter seems to be better now, I sincerely hope that she continues to be well. When things like this happen it helps to put things into perspective doesn't it, and modelling is just a hobby, the best one mind you but a hobby none the less.

Your A-4 is fantastic mate and will look superb in the gallery, and we have a 2 week extension to the deadline now so it doesn't finish until the 20th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

First off mate you have nothing to apologise for, family ALWAYS comes first. I am very glad to hear that your daughter seems to be better now, I sincerely hope that she continues to be well. When things like this happen it helps to put things into perspective doesn't it, and modelling is just a hobby, the best one mind you but a hobby none the less.

Your A-4 is fantastic mate and will look superb in the gallery, and we have a 2 week extension to the deadline now so it doesn't finish until the 20th.

Cheers Craig. Very much appreciate that. It’s been ages since I was at the bench, I’m very rusty but some wonderful finishes in the gallery since my last visit to inspire isn’t there. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Dansk said:

Its getting a little repetitive with the bomb constructing, painting

It really does doesn't it Paul, part of the build process that I struggle with enthusiasm for.

Nearly done though mate and she is going to look stunning in the gallery.

8 hours ago, modelling minion said:

It really does doesn't it Paul, part of the build process that I struggle with enthusiasm for.

Nearly done though mate and she is going to look stunning in the gallery.

thx mate - speaking of which the gallery says "This topic is now closed to further replies."

• Like 1

Here she is fellas. finally all done and dusted.

This one has been a long meandering road.

My most vivid recollection is the hasegawa offering being leaps and bounds above the chinese kit in every way (except munitions supply).

My other most notable recollection is of producing loads and loads of bombs and ejection rack ephemera.  zzzz

oh and of course the AIRES cockpit is the worst thing ever created by mankind. 🤪

We had some pretty hairy family stuff going on during this build so I lost my focus a lot on this build and I only completed one out of my multi build plan also so expect to see this continue in a future KUTA

pretty weathered but I think its apt for the airframe following the reference material.

I think it looks quite alright albeity a few faux pas, but anyway i hope you enjoy the result.

51241985502_94dc34447a_c.jpg

It takes a lot of energy to run these things so thanks to our boss, The lovely Mr. Minion for his expert hosting and good vibes, advice and encouragement throughout. cheers craig

P

51243751615_c2e04b5bfc_h.jpg

51243751600_52f68e2e01_h.jpg

51243463039_5a4b83714a_h.jpg

51243463029_a018618d5e_h.jpg

51242896598_7c0296fd2a_h.jpg

51242896593_bb1c9e228e_h.jpg

51242896588_f67a537977_h.jpg

51241985392_06fbf6ceb5_h.jpg

51243751560_b8c4ebd622_h.jpg

51243462994_3db5d89f94_h.jpg

51242695281_49d85eef25_h.jpg

51242695276_78db8bff54_h.jpg

51242695256_6d2bafcae4_h.jpg

51243462964_a6b752e65e_h.jpg

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 4

Well Paul, that really has turned out fantastic.

Your standards of building, painting and weathering just get better and better and your A-4 proves that. The decals have gone down really nicely and genuinely do look like they are painted on and really like how you have done the walkways on the wings as they are perfectly weathered.

Thanks for having taken part in the GB mate and for producing such an outstanding model.

Very well done indded.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Nice picture of the under sides Paul.

I beg to differ about the contents of that can though, that is NOT beer! 😁

haha, a replica that doesnt quite do the same job as the real thing despite looking like it. (just like the model) 😃

• Haha 2