Aggressor Skyhawk A4E fake mig

Marklo

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

I’ll attempt to finish polish it out but I’m also emailing Airfix :) 

They will reply.

Most of us here have experienced a similar situation and Airfix - at least in my case - had responded almost immediately and send a replacement part.

Not the end of the world may even just mold one, shouldn’t be that difficult. Either or I shall just plod on with the build :) which despite its three steps forward nature is looting fairly well.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

resized_396e9e43-bfe3-4614-8eef-85d42b71Chipping away at all the ancillary bits.

Still haven’t resolved the canopy issue. Some success with polishing the original. Airfix are looking for £7.50 for a replacement which is nearly the price if a new kit !.  I’ve also started carving a buck to mold a canopy and last but not least I may have a rummage through the scrap box and see as if I have anything that could be adapted.

• Like 2

I find that all the little bits take me an absolute age to get completed.

Airfix's replacement parts supply isn't cheap is it, I dare say you could source a kit from a certain internet auction site for around that price. I hope you are able to source a replacement soon.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I hope you are able to source a replacement soon.

One way or another I’ll figure something.  I nearly have the buck carved so molding might be the easiest route

• Like 1

resized_27104ebb-5745-4e74-8808-04bee538

Continuing with the epic nature of what should have been a straightforward oob build, buck carved and bodged together a small frame so I don’t have to waste an A5 sheet on the vacuum box.

• Like 2

resized_7dbd3534-929b-482d-a8db-aa5ef7d9And attached, just need to paint the framing on the windshield. Actually that worked out pretty well. Just need to add the refuelling probe and some decals ( home brewed of course) and it’s done.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Very good work on the canopy, it looks great

Thanks, I actually think it’s better than the kit part as it’s thinner and clearer,  so there you go :) Mind it took three attempts.

• Like 1

45e9423b-9c7c-421e-b52d-cdffbb8e6f27.jpeAfter much fiddling with Word on my iPhone ( really must get my pc back in working order) I have this, just need to scale it and print it on decal paper. Couldn’t make out the pilot name so I put my own, as it’s 6 point it will probably be illegible anyway :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

e150e4df-2369-4376-8238-894e08ee88f0.jpeDecals scaled, printed and varnished.

resized_ceff1d9f-afee-4c93-90ed-c87e970cWindscreen frame painted, just the refuelling probe and the decals left and were done, I can’t help but feel it’s been a surprisingly long journey :) 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

so you have a lot to be proud of with this build.

Thank you.  I am quite pleased with the result overall. Tbh ( as you may imagine) I don’t mind my modelling being tricky so long as I get there in the end :) 

• Like 1

Looking good.  Certainly an unusual and different looking model, the fake Mig paint scheme is surprisingly effective.

AW

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Always good when that happens, though often worrying as you just know something bad will happen to restore the balance of things.

I think this build has balanced my modelling Karma and then some :) 

resized_53a4dc79-fff8-4195-9113-13f35185The rest of the decals. I’ll just need to carefully touch  up the camo, add the arrest or hook, the refuelling probe and the rest of the gear doors and it’s done, yay.

• Like 3