Aggressor Skyhawk A4E fake mig

Marklo

resized_40691987-a35b-4bbf-8fc6-2db91929Not happy with the finish so after a few hours in disinfectant and white spirit soaking in water. Will get the toothbrush out tomorrow and get it back to plastic and go again. Oh well not a total disaster but frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

13 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sorry to hear this, she looked good to me. 

Good at a distance but a bit scabrous close up where the sculpy ( d’oh) didn’t come off. It was sort of ok but it would have niggled at me, if I’d have left it. Won’t take that long to get back on track. Speaking  of which must get more bluetack and perhaps store it in a marked container from now on :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Shalako said:

Seriously, I think the organisers of this group build must give you a prize, just for attempting to convert the B to an E!!!:speak_cool:

Maybe I will.🤔

2 hours ago, Marklo said:

Not happy with the finish

Sorry to hear that, but it looks like you are going to be back on track very soon.

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2021 at 4:51 PM, Marklo said:

First camo colour on airbrushed freehand.

10/10 for perseverance.

I've been watching with curiosity, but just couldn't understand why you airbrushed the camo without masking the MiG outline.

Here's mine from a Hasegawa kit.

Hasegawa-A4-E-Skyhawk-003.jpg

Hasegawa-A4-E-Skyhawk-004.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

why you airbrushed the camo without masking the MiG outline

I didn’t want to mix bluetack and masking tape so was going to do the outlines last as I reckoned that way was the easier masking route. Will see what way I go on the second attempt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marklo said:

resized_201d5027-6947-4999-af50-19e592f4After much scrubbing with toothbrush, fibreglass brush and fine sandpaper we’re ready for primer again :) 

Oh man, you have achieved the ideal Davis Monthan look!!! Wish you had kept it like this and then build a desert base diorama!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, basket said:

Don't give up !!!

I shan’t. Should be back on track soon. It’s not my first paint related disaster.

50183494501_397c771820_c.jpgIt was a lot more work getting this.

50319119823_343018f7cf_c.jpgBack to this 

• Like 4

Hi Marklo,

I am impressed at your perseverance! Keep at it.

A silly question; have you checked what happened to the inside of the cockpit after a complete submersion in a toxic and corrosive bath?

Keep having fun!

JR

1 hour ago, jean said:

A silly question; have you checked what happened to the inside of the cockpit after a complete submersion in a toxic and corrosive bath?

No a good question. I had to reattach the canopy so had a good look. The interior looks  like it held together pretty well. I think the scrubbing with the fibreglass pen was the more abrasive process, the chemical bath just loosened things. That said we’ll see when I unmask the canopy. Worst case scenario, I have to carefully repaint the interior and ask Airfix nicely for a new canopy, but I don’t think it will come to that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...