Aggressor Skyhawk A4E fake mig

Marklo

Since I’ve already decided on a kit and a scheme I thought I’d start a thread early.  

47cc4cd2-6f58-412d-a5a2-ea76be3d10ba.jpeStarting from here.

dbf8d887-cc4d-4def-a740-6bebfbe2e547.jpe

I’ll be building one of these.

Now I need to go and figure what’s different between the B and the E models :) 

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Ok figured out the nose. Went and found some scale drawings for the E. I reckon I’ll plunge mold a new nose shouldn’t be too difficult. Come Saturday I’ll break out the razorsaw and the basswood :) 

Sounds like you have a good plan for sorting the nose, look forward to seeing you sort it.

• Thanks 1

Ok it’s late evening on the 5th which is almost the 6th so I’m starting my build :) I shan’t violate the 25% rule but I’m eager to get going.

resized_7b0af8bf-5a89-4e33-8553-ed1b3494

So first order of business the Airfix kit loses its schnozz. Next up to carve a bass wood buck for a more A4E look :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

315d8565-04c9-46e0-a973-71b5d0ddf1bd.jpeAnd we have a new nose. Only one problem I can’t get the buck out. Still not the end of the world. I was going to put lead shot in the nose I’ll just have to weight it after of the cockpit. A quick C of G check and it looks like it won’t need much weight.

• Like 4

Some good modelling work going on here! A couple of other differences between the B and the E for you to consider - the intakes on the E have a splitter plate, not sure if the shape of the intake is different as well - and the one in the picture also has the cranked refuelling probe. Neither of which should be too hard if you're comfortable with plunge-moulding a new nose!

It is looking good, If it doesn't solve the weight issue drill a pocket in the wood.  Then pack it with weight and C/A or epoxy. Its should grip the wood better and do no damage to the plastic from any heat reaction. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, modelling minion said:

fuselage halves together before too long I reckon.

Glue setting as we speak, but like most of my recent Airfix builds has had to be beaten into submission!!! Pics tomorrow.

Thanks for the nice comments. I did enjoy the Supermarine and it will definitely be a talking point if I ever get to an IPzmS meeting :) it has a peculiar elegance about it.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

Hi Marklo,

pretty amazing surgery!!! Congrats!

Keep having fun!

JR

• Thanks 1