AH-1F

Hi all, this is the Revell reboxing of the old Monogram 1/48 AH-1F done in the Sand Shark scheme used by the US Army during ODS. This kit is just build out of the box with the exception of the addition of Master 20mm cannon as the kits cannon's was missed moulded. The mould is showing its age being a kit first released in the mid 80's if my memory served me right. I got hanged up building the canopy as the fit is terrible (as others commented on their build of this kit). Flashes here and there but I managed to put it all together. I  was trying to maintain the raised panel lines and details to keep true to the OOB with few alterations build but lost a couple of line and rivet details as I tried to have a good canopy blend. I left it there and never bothered to re-scribe. Other than the rotor lashing that I added this kit is box stock. Over all shape looks great for a kit done in the mid 80's. Im getting the hang of leaving the raised panel lines alone. Enjoy!

Mi5J73w.jpg?1

BqDFPAS.jpg?1

O6tLYVB.jpg?1

ZKQHhdb.jpg?1

fMOOyDU.jpg?1

• Like 30

Great looking Cobra!  :thumbsup:  Those rotor lashing lines really do add to the overall feel, that's a really nice touch!   You've built a very nice helo sir. :clap2:

And, it's good to see another Monogram Cobra.   I did one as an AH-1S Israeli chopper many years ago.   Like you, the raised lines didn't bother me much! 😉

Monogram AH-1S

• Like 1

Excellent details, really nice Cobra. Raised panel lines are nothing to be afraid of!

Would love to see an F in 1/32, one of my favourite aircraft. 

Alan