16 minutes ago, general melchett said:

We're wandering off onto CC levels of gobbleyjook here Martian...calling Bletchley Park. We need urgent assistance....fast.

For heads, read toilets. The Fire Brigade are still trying to extract Mr Halfront from the same.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

For heads, read toilets. The Fire Brigade are still trying to extract Mr Halfront from the same.

Thanks for clearing that up...the Enigma decoder has only just cooled down from some of CC musings. The Fire Service will almost certainly require heavy-lifting equipment, counsellors, bomb disposal and a crisis management team (not to mention the Jaws of Life and a good lawyer)...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Brandy said:

I would recommend @Fritag but I fear he's off cycling or skiing somewhere.....:unsure:

Ian

Or sticking 1/72 Hawks together?

Deluded of Mars 👽

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Martian said:

Or sticking 1/72 Hawks together?

That's a little optimistic isn't it?

Last time I saw him he was doing chipping fluid on a large scale Spitfire.

Terry

• Like 2

On 18/10/2021 at 20:28, Terry1954 said:

That's a little optimistic isn't it?

Last time I saw him he was doing chipping fluid on a large scale Spitfire.

Terry

That's OK, we can all "gee him up" at Telford. :evil_laugh:

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally managed to get this one over the finish line in time for Telford. This has been not only a very enjoyable build in which some experimental archeology, albeit in miniature has had to be undertaken but also in terms of me having to try out new techniques, not least of which was me having to learn how to solder properly. My thanks here are due to @Heather Kayfor telling me that my equipment was deficient and that one of the secrets was, and I quote Heather's words here," It is important to keep one's tip clean. Ooo, err!" The banter/abuse has also been of a particularly high quality. I think though, that the overriding thing I have learned during the build is; It is a pants idea to go drilling holes in submarines!

More pictures in RFI.

Thanks for looking 

Martian 👽

094.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Martian said:

I finally managed to get this one over the finish line in time for Telford. This has been not only a very enjoyable build in which some experimental archeology, albeit in miniature has had to be undertaken but also in terms of me having to try out new techniques, not least of which was me having to learn how to solder properly. My thanks here are due to @Heather Kayfor telling me that my equipment was deficient and that one of the secrets was, and I quote Heather's words here," It is important to keep one's tip clean". The banter/abuse has also been of a particularly high quality. I think though, that the overriding thing I have learned during the build is; It is a pants idea to go drilling holes in submarines!

More pictures in RFI.

Thanks for looking 

Martian 👽

094.jpg

You only drill holes in Submarines if you're installing a screen door. :doh:Everybody knows that. well Almost everybody. But in all seriousness. Excellent Job on the Hunley, Martian. It should be the star of the Telford Show.:goodjob:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Navy Bird said:

Superb! Makes me want to be a Martian.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill. As to being turned into a Martian, I have the very lady who can do just that on speaker phone as we speak! @Mikewill make it all official.

Martian 👽

16 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

How many tentacles does she have? I'm very particular.

Cheers,

Bill

She says you can have as many as you can afford.

Martian 👽

3 hours ago, Bigdave22014 said:

Nothing wrong with drilling a hole in a submarine. If water starts coming in, just drill another one to let it drain out.

Outstanding work Martian.

Now why didn't I think of that? You aren't Baldrick in disguise are you and this one of your cunning plans? Glad you like the model.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

I know you won't forgive me for this Martian, but I have just spotted a couple (three actually) of little errors..........

1. There is no sonar equipment showing at all.

2. The reactor room is completely missing

3. Where is all the ESM kit?

Terry

aka trouble form over the water

• Haha 2

Gidday, you mean that's not a sonar dome out the front (a nautical term) on the end of that big stick (another nautical term)?  - refer to pictures in the RFI section.

But Terry has a good point - and you've also forgotten the life-rings.

Er, regards, Jeff. 😁

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

I know you won't forgive me for this Martian, but I have just spotted a couple (three actually) of little errors..........

1. There is no sonar equipment showing at all.

2. The reactor room is completely missing

3. Where is all the ESM kit?

Terry

aka trouble form over the water

Evil child! Out blurglecruncheon time methinks. I thought you had enough trouble with your legs already?

3 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, you mean that's not a sonar dome out the front (a nautical term) on the end of that big stick (another nautical term)?  - refer to pictures in the RFI section.

But Terry has a good point - and you've also forgotten the life-rings.

Er, regards, Jeff. 😁

My Haunebu can be laying waste to Oz by tomorrow lunchtime. Sooner if I get a cancellation from Swanage.

Have a nice day.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

Have a nice day? When I'm about to be obliterated? Is that Martian logic? 😁 I shudder to think what you'd have in mind for me if you wanted me to have a lousy day. Probably I'd have to listen to Vogon poetry. 🤮 Oh well  .   .   .   Regards (I guess), Jeff. 🙂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Probably I'd have to listen to Vogon poetry. 🤮 

Now there's a thought! :hmmm:

Martian 👽

• Haha 1