6 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Outstanding Martian !. Anyone gives you grief about accuracy, Just look straight at them, then spit in their eye., or have Baldrick do it.. This is probably the most accurate version made(aside from the real thing ,of course). I still think it looks like it should be named the CSS Pearly though.:evil_laugh:

I didn't know the Pearly Kings and Queens were involved in the American Civil War! Cor blimey, luv a duck, I'll go to the bottom of our apples and pears, isn't it Mrs? where's me washboard? 

5 hours ago, dnl42 said:

That's looking quite impressive! :clap2:

But, needs more rivets...:blink:

Patience wicked child, they're coming.

6 hours ago, Iceman 29 said:

Superb! 😍

Cheers Pascal.

5 hours ago, Courageous said:

Now that's looking rather nice.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, steve5 said:

only just came across this one Martian , man you've put some detail into it .

Thanks Steve. A way to go yet but once the rest of the rivets are on, we will be on the home stretch.

5 hours ago, roginoz said:

Yay !!  the Martian's back !

All's right with the world.

What a great looking bit of continuation.

Thanks Rog. As to all being right with the world with the Martian being back, I suspect there are about 7.8 billion of your fellow Earthlings who will disagree.

4 hours ago, longshanks said:

Good to see you back at the bench :nodding:

Kev

Thanks Kev, I shall endeavour to resume "normal" service.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Just caught up on this one and i must say its looking rather splendid. Cant wait to see this on trundling out of Poole Harbour past the haven hotel!

Terry

Thanks Terry. I suspect that, keen as the members of Poole MVS are, we would be struggling for volunteers for this particular means of conveyance.

Doubtful of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

More progress has been made over the last few days, mostly in the area of riveting, which should at least keep Messers @Brandy and @LorenSharp happy for a bit. If not I will make them count every rivet on the model and then demand a recount just to be sure they have the right number! I still have the underside of the bow and stern to finish but right now my brain feels like cabbage. At the moment, @general melchett after a night on Baldrick's Old Jockstrap would make more sense than me.

Aside from the rivets, I have managed to get the conning tower hatches and their hinge mechanisms sorted out. Whilst the etched parts for the hatches supplied in the kit are OK, the portions that are supposed to fit onto the towers are way off. It was easier to dump them and scratch build the rest of the mechanisms.

Once the rest of the rivets are done, I think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel as regards construction and I think that there is a good chance that she will be ready in time for Telford.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Martian said:

It was easier to dump them and scratch build the rest

It does appear there is precious little of the original kit left at this stage! Watery things are not generally my, er, thing, but I always appreciate and admire good modelling in whatever form it takes. This fits the bill.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Most extraordinary. But well up to expected detail levels from our favourite extraterestrial.

Just one thing left to add...

"Anything could happen in the next half hour"? At the speed I build, it's more like "Anything could happen over the next millennium

8 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

It does appear there is precious little of the original kit left at this stage! Watery things are not generally my, er, thing, but I always appreciate and admire good modelling in whatever form it takes. This fits the bill.

Thanks Heather, that is extremely kind of you.

9 hours ago, longshanks said:

certainly a labour of love going on here.............

Shaping up nicely

Kev

Thanks Kev.

6 hours ago, general melchett said:

Top riveting old fruit...

Don't be revolting Darling...a night on Baldrick's old jockstrap would be a bridge too far, even for me.  

That one thought is going to cause me some serious mental health issues. A good job I am seeing the shrink on Wednesday! Wibble!

Disturbed of Mars 👽

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

now have you been counting all those rivets to check the count from @Brandy and @LorenSharp just checking.  :whistle:

I was just about to be a little 💩 and suggest one was missing, however I am more concerned about those square holes in the side and its ability to un-submerge...

Looking pretty amazing.

David

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Cracking job on the hatch details now have you been counting all those rivets to check the count from @Brandy and @LorenSharp just checking.  :whistle:

Stay Safe

beefy

Thanks Beefy. Good point about counting the rivets so we know whether Loren and Brandy are correct. Seeing as how I have had to glue everyone of the little buggers in place, I think it's very decent of you to "volunteer" to do the control count yourself. There it is; off you go.

2 hours ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

I was just about to be a little 💩 and suggest one was missing, however I am more concerned about those square holes in the side and its ability to un-submerge...

Looking pretty amazing.

David

That would be a serious lapse of judgement that could have disastrous effects on the De Univers health. :shoot: Glad you like the build so far though.

Reasonable of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, general melchett said:

Give my regards to Mr Halfront and tell him that if he needs to have a chat about life, the universe and everything, just give me a bell...

Trouble is Melchie, if I start talking about your last visit, it is more than likely that I will be treating him rather than the other way round; which is kind of what I am relying on. :frantic:

Apprehensive of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

Trouble is Melchie, if I start talking about your last visit, it is more than likely that I will be treating him rather than the other way round

I taught him everything he knows...which would explain quite a lot. As you say our last consultation ended badly for him, suffering as he did, from a severely sprained mind and permanent limp following a tremendous kick in the fork, meted out under regressive hypnosis... (a little too regressive, it turned out) still, he survived and that's quite an achievement in my book. Hopefully he'll fare better under your tentacled guidance...

• Haha 8

On 13/10/2021 at 11:40, general melchett said:

Hopefully he'll fare better under your tentacled guidance...

Seeming not. He seemed to have had a change of gender, in order to try and avoid you but when I mentioned the Georgia incident, he started gibbering "wibble", locked himself in the heads and poured super glue in the lock mechanism. His staff have sent for the Fire Brigade, a team of very experienced negotiators and indented for one straight jacket (Extra strong, Generals for the use of). I hope he is a bit better in time for Tuesday and my next appointment. My hopes aren't high.

Pessimistic of Mars 👽 

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Agreed: it looks very Martian indeed.

Thank you your Baronesship, we are most flattered.

Martian 👽