Secret flying wings over Texas?

Gary Brantley

Here's an interesting article, albeit now 7 years old, that explores the sighting and photographing of several "secret" flying wing aircraft over Texas and Kansas.   I wonder if this story has been updated since then?    I'm not well versed in this area of speculative aviation and don't keep up with "current" developments.   Perhaps another member here has more information about these sighting since this article's printing?   

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/so-what-were-those-secret-flying-wing-aircraft-spotted-1555124270

• Like 1

Also, there are photos floating around the Web of some unidentified aircraft which leave contrails with regularly-spaced "balls" of moisture although their length. 

As we are living in the age of disinformation, who knows what's true and what's fake?

Chris.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

Also, there are photos floating around the Web of some unidentified aircraft which leave contrails with regularly-spaced "balls" of moisture although their length.

I thought they'd been pretty well proven to be what happens when the wing tip vortices of a jet interact with the engine contrails in the right circumstances: the famous "donuts on a rope"...

800px-Crow_instability_contrail_1-9-08.J

best,

M.

That first picture on the link just looks like an odd light reflection on a regular aircraft.

Given the ready availability of high powered camera lenses and photo sharing these days, I doubt any experimental planes would fly in daylight over anywhere populated, especially not in fancy formations.

With the direction contemporary wars are heading I can't see the US investing in new secret bomber fleets either. More and more efficient drones with more advanced AI and targeting would make a lot more sense. 

They are quite possibly the RQ-170 or RQ-180. Also, take a look at the Boeing X-37.

There will undoubtedly be a a couple variations of the unmanned aircraft like the 170/180 that are in development and/or testing.

"Aurora" almost certainly has caused some of the sightings. "Aurora" may be a single aircraft or a project/family of aircraft. Without a doubt there is plenty of design and development going on (whether under a project name aurora or something else) and just as much speculation! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I thought they'd been pretty well proven to be what happens when the wing tip vortices of a jet interact with the engine contrails in the right circumstances: the famous "donuts on a rope"...

800px-Crow_instability_contrail_1-9-08.J

best,

M.

The Sea Fury does this too :) I seem to recall it's the Aussie Sea Fury with smoke generators on the wing tips.