Hello Fellow modellers

Keif

Firstly Thank You.
While the world is in a weird place I needed something to keep me just on the sane side of the line.
I had a few model kits laying around that i've either started and could be bothered to complete, or looked at and "one day, i'll do that". I decided to use Lockdown/furlough to actually complete some.

I used to make models when I was younger (my bedroom ceiling was ful of 1/72 aircraft) but this time, I decided to buy a cheap airbrush kit and numerious orders for different paints and hopefuly make a better job of them.

When I needed any tips or ideas, I used this forum to find help, I decided that the right thing to do was join you all and can both Thank You, and when i've worked out how to share pictures show you the results.

Started with a MENG Lancaster, a kit i'd already started, and while I didn't need to paint it, I wanted to give it the Matt Green/Brown/Black camouflage it needed, plus it was a good first run out of the Airbrush.
Happy with the result, but sadly the stickers to let it down slightly.

While ordering some stuff on Amazon, I noticed that Hasegawa do Egg maodels and I had to have the SR-71, was cheap as chips and with Amazon Prime, it arived the next day.
Had a small play with Matt/Satin blending, as SR-71s are matt, but always seem to have satin "blemishes" around the leading edges.
Really like how it turned out.

Currently working on a 1/144 Revell Airbus A350-900 XWB (in Flight test livery) a christmas present a few years ago from my wife, as I had part in building both engines before it's maiden flight. I also have a Ferarri 348 in WIP and CyberHobby 1/200 Avro Vulcan B.2: Ascension Island 1982 on the cards to start. There are a few others stashed away, both Car and plane.

Ordered a Tiger Spitfire Cute on eBay as well, along with the cockpit detail kit from RetroKit.

Will add pictures of the Lancaster and SR-71 when i've worked out how.

Hello all.

• Like 3