Jaguar loadouts question

Herb

I'm looking for typical loadouts for RAF Jaguars operating over Bosnia and the Former Republic of Yugoslavia during the late 90's. Can anyone help? Also hoping to confirm the overall ARTF gray...

Cheers

Herb

I think a recon Jaguar would have a PHIMAT and AN/ALQ-101 on the outer pylons 1200ltr on the inner pylons and a recon pod on the centreline, not sure if the overwing pylons were used to hold AAM Missiles or not. 

Hope that helps

Thanks David, I've since learned that the Jags provided laser designation for some Harrier GR.7s, as well as perhaps being loaded with two GP bombs on centerline for their own targets during those operations. The PHIMAT/ALQ-101 load seems almost standard. Not sure if overwing AIM-9s loaded at that time. Still looking for further confirmation if anyone can add...

12 minutes ago, Herb said:

Thanks David, I've since learned that the Jags provided laser designation for some Harrier GR.7s, as well as perhaps being loaded with two GP bombs on centerline for their own targets during those operations. The PHIMAT/ALQ-101 load seems almost standard. Not sure if overwing AIM-9s loaded at that time. Still looking for further confirmation if anyone can add...

Hi Herb

A couple of suggestions from Tim Ripley's Air War Bosnia:

In the laser designator role:

XX962 EK operated by 54 Squadron

Starboard outboard pylon - PHIMAT Pod

Starboard inboard pylon - Drop Tank

Centreline pylon - TIALD Pod (Painted Dark Green)

Port inboard pylon - Drop Tank

Port outboard pylon - ALQ-101 ECM Pod

Overwing pylons - AIM-9L Sidewinder

In the ground attack role:

Starboard inboard pylon - Drop Tank

Centreline pylon - 1,000 pound bomb(s)

Port inboard pylon - Drop Tank

Overwing pylons - AIM-9L Sidewinder

The Jaguar Force carried out two ground attack missions in 1994 delivering 1,000 pound iron bombs on both occasions

Tim's book also notes that the Jaguars operated in pairs in the reconnaisance role: one aircraft fitted with the BAe F126 pod and the other a LOROP pod

All of the aircraft pictured in the book are finished in ARTF Grey, one feature they share is that the finish on the drop tanks' front sections had weathered to reveal the original green/grey camouflage.

Hope this helps 

• Like 1

A friend of mine stationed at Aviano during Allied Force in 1999, saw yet another variation on the early days of the conflict:

(borrowing from @Richard E)

Starboard inboard pylon - Dual rack 1000lbs bombs

Centreline pylon - Drop Tank

Port inboard pylon - Dual rack 1000lbs bombs

Overwing pylons - AIM-9L Sidewinder or No pylons

Just like this illustration:

spacer.png

https://sixsqnassociation.org.uk/about/1991-2003/

Btw, probably not the TIALD-equipped, but didn't the Jags themselves drop some Paveways in Kosovo? 🤔

Edited by CharlieGolf2009
  • Like 1