BP Defiant NF MK.I - Airfix 1/72

hadzi

I present my first model completely made this year. Airfix Defiant straight OOB, I only exchanged the barrels for metal from the Polish company Master and the codes and serial number from the decal also from Polish manufacturer Model Maker. Both products are of very good quality, although the "roundel blue" from the decal seems too dark, I used the RAF signs from the Airfix kit.
Unfortunately, I don't have a plastic sense, so my attempts to differentiate the black body of the plane are hardly visible, and certainly not very attractive.

Markings shows a plane from 307th Night Fighter Squadron (Polish) based 1941 at Exeter Air Base.
IMG-9201.jpg
IMG-9202.jpg
IMG-9204.jpg
IMG-9205.jpg

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1

Looks very good to me, also! Black is not easy to do, especially on a small scale model, as it usually ends up looking like a plastic toy. Yours looks very good to me. I have seen a technique that I have not used myself, yet, where the model is painted flat aluminum and then Alclad smoke is sprayed over it in thin coats, until the aluminum is covered- saw this on a 1/48 P-61 and P-38M by Austin modeler Bob King, and it looked just like real metal painted black.

Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1