Tyrrell 006 1/20 Ace Models

Malc2

3 hours ago, Malc2 said:

Right Chaps, appeal for help – anyone know where in the UK I can get some solid black decal paper? Had a Google around and could not find anything.

Need a couple of small pieces to go inside a painted radiator duct, which will avoid a really awkward masking job.

Is 7.5 X 4 cm enough?  I have some.

Nice to see work continued on this one! Looking fine as always.

13 hours ago, Malc2 said:

Right Chaps, appeal for help – anyone know where in the UK I can get some solid black decal paper?

I don't know UK sources, but what I have done on several occasions is to spray a piece of clear film in the colour I need, mostly using thin laquer or acrylic. It has worked very well even over quite complex surfaces. Might be worth a try?

33 minutes ago, Malc2 said:

@galaxyg Thanks that very good of you, I need two pieces each 10mm x 25mm, can I hold that as reserve while I check out the Hannants lead?

@klubman01 Trevor, do you know how wide the widest stripe is on the Xtradecal sheet? (Need to be 10mm wide to fit what I need).

Malc.

The widest stripe is 17mm.  XPS-1 comes in satin black which I use for intakes, etc. on my 1/43 models.

Trevor

Hi Malc. Just found your build and it's very interesting. I like the 70's/80's F1 cars but after Ayerton departed, I lots interest. Todays cars and driver do nothing for my. So I follow MotoGP, sadly the release of new bike kits is far too slow!

Nice work on the rear wing on page 1 and the amount of corrections you have had to do, not to mention the parts for the suspension you have had to make.

Great work.

Colin