1/35 Scale British Armour Covid Builds.

A few British Armour builds while stuck at home because of Covid 2020/2021

spacer.png

AFV Club Scimitar with Masterclub metal tracks, Eduard PE set & Scorpion Miniature "Clansman" Antenna set.

spacer.png

Academy Warrior built OOB other than Black Dog Stowage bits and Scorpion Miniature Models "Clansman" Antenna set.

spacer.png

Takom FV432 with Accurate Armours Fox/Rarden Turret upgrade, Scorpion Miniature Models "Clansman" Atenna set & Masterclub metal tracks. Figures are by Valkyrie 

spacer.png

Takom FV432 with Accurate Armours 81mm Mortar upgrade, Scorpion Miniature Models "Clansman" Antenna set & Masterclub metal tracks. Figures are by Firing Line.

spacer.png

Takom FV432 with Scorpion Miniature Models sets, Mk1 Interior, Mk1 Exterior, Floatation Device, "Clansman" Antenna & Masterclub metal tracks.

spacer.png

Tamiya Chieftain Mk5 built OOB other than AK Interactive Camo Netting. Antenna are just brass rod.

spacer.png

AFV Club Scorpion with Scorpion Miniature Models "Clansman" Antenna, Synthetic rope & shackle set and Masterclub metal tracks.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Phil, Widow 65 & Blanketyblank there were all enjoyable builds especially the Scimitar and Scorpion as they were fairly straight forward easy builds other tahn some tricky PE. Made me fall in love with the modelling again. 🤣🤣  

3 hours ago, WYATT said:

Nice collection.... Now we know where all the takom 432s went to lol

Cheers Wyatt, I’ve one more in my stash but have another 2 on back order with my hobby shop. I believe Takom are going to do another production run 

2 hours ago, Bish said:

Great collection of builds there. Nice to see someone useing the Scorpion Miniatures products,m i have a few myself but not used any yet.

I am partial to a nice Warrior.

Thank you Bish, yes SMM do some great stuff. I’ve another Scimitar & Scorpion to do and have their new driver interior sets for them. 

I also have the newish Meng Warrior but she’s a bit down the road at present 

2 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Nice collection and some smart modelling 👍

Cheers Ivan-o 

8 hours ago, David Wallace said:

Cheers Wyatt, I’ve one more in my stash but have another 2 on back order with my hobby shop. I believe Takom are going to do another production run 

Yeah I hope they do as I have one completed but would love a few more 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WYATT said:

Yeah I hope they do as I have one completed but would love a few more 

I have two of Takom’s 432 Bulldog also as I want to build both versions. Pity Takom didn’t include the interior in this kit as well. 

18 hours ago, David Wallace said:

Thank you Bish, yes SMM do some great stuff. I’ve another Scimitar & Scorpion to do and have their new driver interior sets for them. 

I also have the newish Meng Warrior but she’s a bit down the road at present 

Cheers Ivan-o 

I'm doing the Scimtar later this year with the sets i need for a falklands vehicle, really looking forward to useing their sets. I plan on getting the drivers compartment for the Scorpion, i will be watching out for your builds. I don't fancy the Meng Warrior, but i am hoping they bring out a backdated kit. I have done the Acdemy kit as a 511, but would like to do a 510 thats more accurate.

• Like 1

I'd like to do one with the Accurate Armour interiour. My only really grip was that the right hand side wheel stations are the wrong way round, but this can be covered with mud and dust. Quite a bit of work to convert to a 511 though as AA miss out a few bits.

Not easy to find, but Super Hobby has a few.

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/WARRIOR-MCV-IRAQ-2003.html?partner_id=9

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bish said:

I'd like to do one with the Accurate Armour interiour. My only really grip was that the right hand side wheel stations are the wrong way round, but this can be covered with mud and dust. Quite a bit of work to convert to a 511 though as AA miss out a few bits.

Warrior with AA interior here Bish 😀

Ivan

5 hours ago, Bish said:

Cheers Mate, I’ll check that out 👍

Congratulations on some fine models ,i built the Scimitar about 20 years ago but sold it ,with many other models to what was then the local model shop in Durham, and have regretted it ever since  .The shop owner wanted them for shop dislay ,but has long since gone out of business. I will always regret that decision, your models are excellent well done 👏 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Congratulations on some fine models ,i built the Scimitar about 20 years ago but sold it ,with many other models to what was then the local model shop in Durham, and have regretted it ever since  .The shop owner wanted them for shop dislay ,but has long since gone out of business. I will always regret that decision, your models are excellent well done 👏 

Cheers Homer, I was always into WWII German Armour until I built the 1st 432. This got me into modern (ish) British Armour and I know have a favourite, the "Scimitar" I just love that vehicle. I have 3 more in my stash and some aftermarket stuff to go with them. Can't wait for Gecko Models Scimitar II out this year sometimes. Its a pity about you kits and your local store closing. I try and buy as much as I can from my local store and try an avoid over seas online stores  if I can.