Taxi de la Marne

Taxi de la Marne

ICM 1/35

Finally finished after 18 months on and off 

It’s been a challenging build - slightly misaligned molds meant every part had to have work to get them to fit along with the usual ICM over engineering (why use 1 part when we can use 5 on something you won’t see when it’s finished anyway 😜😳)

Happy with the result though in the end

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 29

Dean,

Fabulous work as ever, very convincing painting, weathering and figure painting.  I hope we see more of the same in the forthcoming French Fancy 2 GB.

To think, the French general staff genuinely believed the red pantalons would strike fear into the hearts of their enemies and send them scurrying back to hills rather than a convenient aiming point for the German machine gunners (although not as convenient as the French cavalry's shiny, polished steel breast plates).

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Wez said:

I hope we see more of the same in the forthcoming French Fancy 2 GB.

Signed up and ready to go with that ...........

when I say ready I mean I haven’t actually decided what yet - probably what randomly comes up on eBay the week before it starts a bit like the Heller GB 😄

13 hours ago, Wez said:

Dean,

Fabulous work as ever, very convincing painting, weathering and figure painting.  I hope we see more of the same in the forthcoming French Fancy 2 GB.

To think, the French general staff genuinely believed the red pantalons would strike fear into the hearts of their enemies and send them scurrying back to hills rather than a convenient aiming point for the German machine gunners (although not as convenient as the French cavalry's shiny, polished steel breast plates).

Alors!  Les pantalons rouge, c'est la France!  (A quote I came across in 'The Vanished Army' by Tim Carew).  

Great build and paint job!

• Thanks 1