1/144 Anigrand Imperial Lambda-class Shuttle Tydirium (Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Opening Scene Diorama)

Hi guys, at long last my 1/144 resin Imperial Shuttle has a home in this converted freezer tray. This is my first attempt at a forced perspective diorama. In the opening scene from the Return of the Jedi, Vader's shuttle is seen leaving the Star Destroyer and flying to the hanger bay on the 2nd Death Star, although the Star Destroyer was not seen from the Death Star's hanger bay in the movie; I thought it would be a cool feature to add into my diorama.

Keeping to the true spirit of Industrial Light and Magic's [ILM] model construction techniques, I kit bashed all of the details from old kit parts and bits and bobs hanging around the home. Cable zip ties, disposable shaving blades, pen tops, 1/25 car engine parts, 1/32 and 1/35 helicopter parts, tank tracks, etc all went into the build.

I really enjoyed this build and plan on doing another Star Wars diorama in the future. Thank you for following along and enjoy the pictures.

"The Force will be with you always". ttfn.

Lee.

JK9Ck1b.jpg
rmxm44N.jpg
4ZIW1hX.jpg
VnvmCSB.jpg
dd7j96O.jpg
w4WwXJc.jpg
oGcHUEo.jpg
OykSWIX.jpg
f4r0SJ7.jpg
q8W6XBI.jpg
fc8IS4B.jpg
GldbHOX.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 34

1 hour ago, Gimme Shelter said:

'The Emperors coming here himself? We shall double our efforts....'

Top work there - which Lambda kit is it - Anigrand by any chance?

Correct,Anigrand,and i have their big resin Star Destroyer kit to build one day.

23 minutes ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Nice! 

Where / how did you get the stormtroopers?

Cheers,The Storm Troopers/Star Destroyer/Tie Bomber came from Shapeways 3D printers,not a cheap option,but at this scale there very little out there.

One day i will bite the bullet and get a printer,but the industry for the modeller at the present time reminds me of VHS and Betamax if your old enough to remember that far back !😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2021 at 6:24 PM, Lee Chambers said:

Correct,Anigrand,and i have their big resin Star Destroyer kit to build one day.

good luck with their ISD - I had 2 in my stash and got rid of both in favour of Randy Cooper's alternatives which are bigger and better but  far harder to build - I built one of Randy's original versions and then his more recent revised kits and both were real workshop assembly production line jobs

good luck with their ISD - I had 2 in my stash and got rid of both in favour of Randy Cooper's alternatives which are bigger and better but  far harder to build - I built one of Randy's original versions and then his more recent revised kits and both were real workshop assembly production line jobs

Randy's is very nice indeed,but i will be content with the Anigrand one,it's not a recast and the details are very crisp and sharp,with no warpage to speak off.

And at the cost of shipping these days i have stopped buying from abroad,my stash is more than large enough.

19 hours ago, Lee Chambers said:

Randy's is very nice indeed,but i will be content with the Anigrand one,it's not a recast and the details are very crisp and sharp,with no warpage to speak off.

And at the cost of shipping these days i have stopped buying from abroad,my stash is more than large enough.

Good to hear you have an original cast - there are too many rip-offs of the Anigrand kit ; both mine were originals but I did once see a recast for sale at a show and the detail was shocking and the colour of the resin gave the game away. looking forward to seeing your ISD made - Phil Flory of Flory models did a good YouTube tutorial of his build a while back which may help with yours

Good to hear you have an original cast - there are too many rip-offs of the Anigrand kit ; both mine were originals but I did once see a recast for sale at a show and the detail was shocking and the colour of the resin gave the game away. looking forward to seeing your ISD made - Phil Flory of Flory models did a good YouTube tutorial of his build a while back which may help with yours

Seen Phils build,i think it was a recast despite what he may think,it was very warped and needed lots of detailing added,as it was soft in places.

But he made a nice job of it in the end.

I recon i would use around 2500 fibre strands to get the lighting to look in scale,i bought it as a retirement present,but i may have to build it before the eyesight starts waning.🧐

19 hours ago, Lee Chambers said:

Seen Phils build,i think it was a recast despite what he may think,it was very warped and needed lots of detailing added,as it was soft in places.

But he made a nice job of it in the end.

I recon i would use around 2500 fibre strands to get the lighting to look in scale,i bought it as a retirement present,but i may have to build it before the eyesight starts waning.🧐

good luck with the fibres - it will look smashing once completed

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, saturnapollo said:

Superb work. The monochromatic colour scheme works perfectly.

Keith

Thanks,It's supposed to be a new under construction Death Star,so i had to put a hold on the weathering details.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Excellent work looks like a movie scene, well done 👏 

Cheers Homer.

11 hours ago, flarpen said:

Very cool, love it.
But, it looks like the Star Destroyer is exploding? Not something I remember happening in that scene. 

It's always a problem trying to photograph lighted models,cameras tend to over expose the lighting,in person it's much more subdued.

Edited by Lee Chambers
wrong text
  • Like 1

• Lee Chambers changed the title to 1/144 Anigrand Imperial Lambda-class Shuttle Tydirium (Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Opening Scene Diorama)