Motorsport of the day

Vesa Jussila

Motorsport season is getting some speed finally and of course there is event going in my home country, so I wanted to point to motorsport fans here.

So WRC Arctic rally will this weekend and first stage will start 13:08

Shakedown of WRC Arctic rally was driven this morning:

• Like 1

I'm following WRC Arctic rally ,Vesa . 

So sad the news about Hannu.  When I  got into rallying he was THE man for me . So much success on so many varied rallies all over the world . The stories he could tell . A proper rally legend  . 

Gary.  

• Like 1

So Arctic rally is done. I think positive thing in rally was that we start to get new talents in sport. Young Solberg was driving very well in first ever WRC race. Elfyn nicely fifth. And of course Kalle Rovanperä was second and full power stage points. Of course Rovanperä is now leading series.

Sad part was performance of Ford. Just not enough power for fast stages.

Edited by Vesa Jussila
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Young Solberg was driving very well in first ever WRC race.

Watched an ERC event on TV last year - he left his glasses on the roof of the car at the start and didn't have a spare pair so had to drive the first few stages without any until someone could get him another pair. He was still about 5 times faster than I ever was....!! 🤣

Some good videos on the net too showing the amazing car control skills he has!

Keith

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

So Arctic rally is done. I think positive thing in rally was that we start to get new talents in sport. Young Solberg was driving very well in first ever WRC race. Elfyn nicely fifth. And of course Kalle Rovanperä was second and full power stage points. Of course Rovanperä is now leading series.

Sad part was performance of Ford. Just not enough power for fast stages.

Unfortunately Ford , or their entrants  M Sport ,  will struggle as Fords lack of funding and help will hit hard as Toyota and Hyundai continue to develop their cars . Sad to see as the Fiesta is still competitive in certain conditions . 
Gary . 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm following the 2021 season. I've not followed WRC for quite a long time - shame to see really only two OEMS in the form of Hyundai and Toyota in the sport these days. Not exactly golden years.

However I'm hoping that a Toyota WRC championship - car, driver or both, might convince Tamiya to release a WRC Yaris kit.

• Like 2

Not rally today. But definitely motorsport. Pre-season testing started for F1 in Bahrain. Some live coverage in Autosport pages: https://www.autosport.com/f1/live-text/f1-bahrain-2021-pre-season-testing-day-1/538274/?live_text_id=538274&series_alias=f1&live_text_alias=f1-bahrain-2021-pre-season-testing-day-1

And of course in Sky if visible.

1 minute ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Not rally today. But definitely motorsport. Pre-season testing started for F1 in Bahrain. 

There are some nice looking liveries on display this year. Aston Martin nice, McLaren good as usual, And the Alpine one .... may grow on me once I stop thinking of it as a Liger.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, paulyoung666 said:

Be nice if we could prize the British WRC round out of the grip of Wales for a change ....

Why - we've got the best forests, and the best British driver in the WRC is Welsh...!! :tease:

And anyway unless things change there isn't a British round this year.

Keith

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Why - we've got the best forests, and the best British driver in the WRC is Welsh...!! :tease:

And anyway unless things change there isn't a British round this year.

Keith

Touché 🤣 , didn’t know there wasn’t one this year 😳

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulyoung666 said:

Be nice if we could prize the British WRC round out of the grip of Wales for a change ....

There’s talk of Rally GB being held in Ireland next year , all on tarmac . I really enjoyed its time in North Wales , don’t know if I would travel across to Ireland though . 
Gary .