Vulcan pylon query (Black Buck)

mouse808

Hi all, sorry I hope I haven't missed this somewhere.

So I'm fairly sure now that the pylon  for the Dash 10 was the thin version?

dash10a.jpeg

25-Falklands-45-1466072351.jpg

What I'm unsure of is which pylon was used for XM607 on the port wing? Or did these change?

Is it this one (which seems to be the one in the kit)?
167436-9f5cf6aad9a417f998f9bd3d221a8120.

I also don't have a dash 10 so I'm trying to make one (I'm a complete Fusion newbie so please forgive me) 😮
model-dash10.png

Thanks for any help

Lee

7 hours ago, mouse808 said:

dash10a.jpeg

Good luck with your project, Lee!

It sounds like you won't make this mistake, especially with the in-flight image you have, but the above photo has been misinterpreted by at least one modeller to show the pod installed on a very tall pylon. The illusion is created by the undercarriage door behind. The pod is actually sat on a trolley, completely detached from the aircraft. The true pylon can be seen near the top of the image, with the sway braces discernable. Obvious when you see it, but I once saw a Vulcan model at Telford with the pod on a very slender pylon hanging down to the height shown above; not only that, but what was presumably the same model was also published in a magazine I seem to remember.

Mike 

• Like 4

Ha ha yes I'd already read/heard that, an easy mistake to make. Thanks again for the heads up.

I've also noticed the photo in the Vulcan Haynes manual is much better resolution and I may have to redo the connection between them.