707 Astrojet-American Airlines from Shelf of Doom

Plumbum

I started this 2 years ago and figured as long as I am painting corroguard and Boeing gray

I might as well finish this one also. It's the 1964 issue of the ancient Revell 707 Astrojet in

American Airlines livery. I bought the new Vintage Flyer decals that were scaled to 1/139

to fit this kit but still have the kit's original decals. I originally cemented the fin cap for the

vertical tail on but noticed it was thicker than the models tail, so I broke it off and sanded

it to roughly the kit's tail's thickness. I just need to reputty and sand then on to do the

corroguard.---John

0xk6rAW.jpg

l4kyQ1y.jpg

FmbQIZO.jpg

Eu4IZHn.jpg

pUxEfRU.jpg

• Like 1

Nice!  It's great that you got your hands on Vintage Flyer decals in the right scale.  It looks to be coming along nicely!  Revell Kits are fun!

BTW: Atlantis Models will be doing a reissue of this very kit (and the CV-990) later this year.

1 hour ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Nice!  It's great that you got your hands on Vintage Flyer decals in the right scale.  It looks to be coming along nicely!  Revell Kits are fun!

BTW: Atlantis Models will be doing a reissue of this very kit (and the CV-990) later this year.

Thanks, I am hoping,but not holding my breath, that Atlantis somehow comes up with the old Revell 1/72  YF-12A

"Blackbird" Interceptor. Would love to do a "nostalgia build" of that.---John

• Like 1