Challenger 2 Insignia, Identification, Camo and Markings.

British Army Platforms

Hi guys, having a great interest in the CR2 and how they are identified with markings relating to units, insignia and even just pure fun/artistry from the guys - I wanted to gain a better understanding of what insignia and identification goes where. I have understood most brigade or corps insignia is usually found on the lens cover for the camera that sits on top of the gun, but that's about it. Would love to know the significance of stripes on the barrel, the numbers on the rear and side of turret, what letters in the Reg refer to and insignia like the Chinese eye / flags seen at the front of the turret sides. 

This information will also help me decide how best to place decals (the ones I have are seen below) on my RFM TES CR2 and Trumpeter KFOR that will both be painted using the Berlin Camo Scheme to suggest they are both in the same unit deployed for urban warfare. Here are the paint schemes suggested in the manuals for all the chally's I have, we could use this as a reference for where and which decals to use. As the identification seems to vary between scheme to scheme too.

6abf1f8f6c22efe62f780888a94f644e.jpgefa79a173b7501fecba984621442a1f5.jpg

I have tagged some of you who I believe will be useful in this discussion, please get others involved if you think they can contribute. 

@ERK @ivan-o @Stef N. @Widow 65 @Simon Chong @Etienne @FrancisGL

Here are the links to my already finished CR2 and the WIP topic for all challengers:

• Like 1

Here you go,

This might help

7B61EB6C-8DD1-4147-B048-411635A6D59A

General markings would be Veh No plate,Union Flag back and front in Germany and a Callsign,sometimes a

disk on the front for the Bridge weight.

about all really.

You would have gotten more hits if you put questions in Armour or real Armour chat😀

Ivan

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Here you go,

This might help

7B61EB6C-8DD1-4147-B048-411635A6D59A

General markings would be Veh No plate,Union Flag back and front in Germany and a Callsign,sometimes a

disk on the front for the Bridge weight.

about all really.

You would have gotten more hits if you put questions in Armour or real Armour chat😀

Ivan

Thank you so much! Is there some way to move this topic there? Or should I just post a link to the topic in that chat?