Tamiya 1/48 mosquito

Lawzer

Not sure this is the right place to ask but wasn't sure where else to put this....

For those of you who've built the Tamiya Mosquito (either the MK iv or the NF MK xiii) - does the kit contain the sprue for the FB vi (sprue G I think it is)?

Having looked at the instructions on Scalemates, I can pretty confidently say that no, the other versions would not give you the G sprue, which includes the gun nose, cockpit details, etc particular to the NF.II/FB.VI.  The NF.XII/XIII kit substitutes a Sprue K, which has the bull nose, new radar and radio for cockpit, as well as some parts that would be common (access door, cannon port panel, etc).  Likewise the bomber kit would only give you the bomber nose and details.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Having looked at the instructions on Scalemates, I can pretty confidently say that no, the other versions would not give you the G sprue, which includes the gun nose, cockpit details, etc particular to the NF.II/FB.VI.  The NF.XII/XIII kit substitutes a Sprue K, which has the bull nose, new radar and radio for cockpit, as well as some parts that would be common (access door, cannon port panel, etc).  Likewise the bomber kit would only give you the bomber nose and details.

yeah I had a look at the instructions for the FB vi and I think the xii.  Had hope that like airfix's "newer" 1/48 mosquitos you got the full base FB vi kit.  Oh well.....

Was looking to replace the very horrible .303's on an airfix mossie I'm thinking on embarking on.....

9 minutes ago, Lawzer said:

Was looking to replace the very horrible .303's on an airfix mossie I'm thinking on embarking on.....

Some brass Master barrels perhaps?

4 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Some brass Master barrels perhaps?

yeah I was wondering that.  I’ve built 2 of the airfix kits and the 303 barrels REALLY are not a good fit.....

13 hours ago, The wooksta V2.0 said:

You could go for one of the post war ones that had the machine guns removed, although you'd probably need the larger intakes under the engines and a leading edge landing light.

I bought some aviology "black ruffe" decals so FB vi it is....

I actually had the Airfix nf 30 (I think it was) with the radome in place of the 303's but I (rather stupidly) sold it.

I'll add my input: I just finished a Mk. IV last month that I purchased in early January or late Dec. '20. It did not contain those FB parts. Though I don't have the leftovers anymore, I know it didn't because I would have built that version if the parts were there.

• Like 1