Who is Len and why is he so Amorous? and He's brought a Little Friend - Airfix 1/72 P51-D Mustang & 1/72 Messerschmitt Me262A-1A

AliGauld

Hi there,

After my previous WIP I wanted to go for something much smaller and simpler.

So here we have...

LgJEEfF.jpg

I'm using these transfers to model the aircraft of Capt. Reager of the Yoxford Boys.

VrZdZYH.jpg

GXaUHT9.jpg

4nGcOOm.jpg

QCJquca.jpg

NDrYESE.jpg

fikijHw.jpg

Of course that may change, but don't tell anyone. We don't want any litigation.

DmqYwIw.jpg

More later.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Well i am in Alistair.

Front row as well.

Popcorn and beers coming soon.

Simon.

Settle yourself in one of the comfy chairs but keep an eye out for The Spanish Inquisition. I don't know whether to expect them.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Marklo said:

It’s a nice kit should be a good mojo restorer.

I just have to add ( even though a huge Monty Python fan) that apparently the Spanish Inquisition made appointments way ahead of time, years even .

Ah but that was only if they had a decent supply of cushions. 😉

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, billn53 said:

I'll be getting started on my Airfix Mustang soon (for my Wisconsin ANG triple-build), so I hope you don't mind if I take a seat on the front row!

Hi welcome aboard.

I'm not sure how much you'll get from my ham-fisted efforts but I'm pleased to have you here.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

Hi Alistair,

I'll come along for the ride as well, if I may? I've brought my own chair.....

I've got a few of these Mustangs in my stash -  don't tell my better half - and I've just made a surreptitious start on one of them. So far so good, but I'm always looking for hints and tips so I'll watch your build progress.

As for Amorous Len, that's hilarious! I couldn't believe it to begin with, but its even on Barracuda's own page as Amorous Len III - I love that the "GL" and "G" are bonuses. It's a bit like, "Yeah, you can use 'em if you want!"

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Alistair,

I'll come along for the ride as well, if I may? I've brought my own chair.....

I've got a few of these Mustangs in my stash -  don't tell my better half - and I've just made a surreptitious start on one of them. So far so good, but I'm always looking for hints and tips so I'll watch your build progress.

As for Amorous Len, that's hilarious! I couldn't believe it to begin with, but its even on Barracuda's own page as Amorous Len III - I love that the "GL" and "G" are bonuses. It's a bit like, "Yeah, you can use 'em if you want!"

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark and welcome. There's a bottle of Glenmorangie over there please help yourself.

I looked at the Transfers for this numerous times until I realised that the bonus ones were actually on the sheet. It was then I pulled the trigger and bought them.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shortCummins said:

I'm sure you know that it should be Glamours Glenn, Chuck Yeager's aircraft, he's wife's name was Glennis

rgds

John(shortCummins)

Hi there,

I am aware of the proper naming, I was attempting and failing to be humourous, based on the legal hoops that BarracudaCals had to go through to avoid the latest Mrs. Yeager taking legal action.

I believe she has form for this, allegedly. :whistle:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Hi there,

I am aware of the proper naming, I was attempting and failing to be humourous, based on the legal hoops that BarracudaCals had to go through to avoid the latest Mrs. Yeager taking legal action.

I believe she has form for this, allegedly. :whistle:

Cheers,

Alistair

ha ha, I'd guess'd you knew and it did make me smile, I always though it odd that it was "Glamorous Glenn" and not "Glamorous Glennis"? surely painting "is" couldn't have been too much trouble although I'm sure the ground crew were quite busy. 😋

rgds

John(shortCummins)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, shortCummins said:

ha ha, I'd guess'd you knew and it did make me smile, I always though it odd that it was "Glamorous Glenn" and not "Glamorous Glennis"? surely painting "is" couldn't have been too much trouble although I'm sure the ground crew were quite busy. 😋

rgds

John(shortCummins)

I've always been confused over the different naming too.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

I looked at the Transfers for this numerous times until I realised that the bonus ones were actually on the sheet. It was then I pulled the trigger and bought them.

I was so busy laughing it hadn't even occurred to me that it was to avoid litigation! D'oh :facepalm:

Pass the Glenmorangie, please!

Cheers!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

I was busy laughing ithadn't even occurred to me that it was to avoid litigation! D'oh :facepalm:

Pass the Glenmorangie, please!

Cheers!

The back story is a bit of a mess. Families Eh.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

One is reminded of Jeremy Clarksons article in the Sunday Times earlier this year.  As he said one should never meet ones heroes.  He concluded the article by saying that there are two types of people in the world.  Those who hero worship him and those who have met him.  

a sense of it here

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1371988/Jeremy-Clarkson-top-gear-Chuck-Yeager-death-the-right-stuff-conflicted-hero-news-latest

If I recall correctly Eric Brown and Neil Armstrong were not in the fan club either but I could be wrong on that.

Still he has some record to his name.

And its with searching against a certain surname while adding vexatious litigant to it.  More court cases than air to air kills there. :D

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

One is reminded of Jeremy Clarksons article in the Sunday Times earlier this year.  As he said one should never meet ones heroes.  He concluded the article by saying that there are two types of people in the world.  Those who hero worship him and those who have met him.  

a sense of it here

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1371988/Jeremy-Clarkson-top-gear-Chuck-Yeager-death-the-right-stuff-conflicted-hero-news-latest

If I recall correctly Eric Brown and Neil Armstrong were not in the fan club either but I could be wrong on that.

Still he has some record to his name.

To be honest, the more I learned of Him and some of his comments I was less than impressed.

I've always fancied the scheme on a Mustang though.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Sorry for the thread hijack, Alistair, I was just wondering if anyone can recommend some colour pics or drawings of the P-51D cockpit for reference for detail painting controls etc?

Cheers,

Mark

Don't worry about that. Go for it I'm not precious about things like that and you never know I will learn something myself.😀

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1