1/72 Polikarpov Po-2 - ICM this time

AdrianMF

A rather blurry picture of the VVS takeover of my tiny display area:

A439-CDE4-686-A-42-E0-9929-F91419-AB933-

I will take a couple of proper pictures for an RFI. The ICM Po-2 is a great kit but to be honest I enjoyed the rustic charms of the IOM kits more - I should get out more ;).

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Jeff G said:

which scheme is your favourite?

The three colour with the slogans is nice (once I used paints I could get on with) but I think I had most fun scrubbing away at the Winter whitewash!

Regards,

Adrian 

• Like 1

If I'm a German soldier, I won't be getting much sleep anywhere near that display area. Great work on the Kukuruznik!*

Best Regards,

Jason

*No, it's not a naughty word in Russian, it just means 'corn-cutter' or some such, and was used as a nickname for the U-2/Po-2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent work, Adrian! 👍 I’m glad you’re sorted the problems with paint. Also the rigging is great.

7 hours ago, Learstang said:

*No, it's not a naughty word in Russian, it just means 'corn-cutter' or some such, and was used as a nickname for the U-2/Po-2.

I think it wasn’t about «cutting», it was about «irrigating».

Edited by Nikolay Polyakov
Irrigating, not irritating.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

What are you using ?

EZLine. I did most of it before the top wing went on. Dot of CA at the end point, EZLine in tweezers and dipped in accelerator, touch the end to the drop and it sets in a couple of seconds. I used a cocktail stick to apply the glue. If the struts are strong enough (and these are, being “N”s) then leaving the top wing off makes it so much easier.

Regards,

Adrian