My first completed post. CL-415 not on the runway!

Beautiful model and an especially evocative base!

What puzzles me a bit is, she seems to be making speed, judging from the very authentic looking bow wave. But her props are feathered. Is there something I'm missing here?

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, kapam said:

Awesome!  :thumbsup:

Can you divulge any secrets to making the base?  It looks very realistic!

Hi, thanks for your comment. The base is a block of Polystyrene cut to accept the keel of the plane. The surface was then covered in DAS Modelling clay to create the waves. Once dry covered with Deep Ocean A.MIG-2200 Acrylic gel. Wave tops high lighted with light grey and white paint. Main bow wake cotton-wool glued in place. The idea came from an article by Jorge Porto in a magazine style book The Weathering Aircraft - Seaplanes by MIG. I found building the base easier than building the aircraft.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Beautiful model and an especially evocative base!

What puzzles me a bit is, she seems to be making speed, judging from the very authentic looking bow wave. But her props are feathered. Is there something I'm missing here?

Kind regards,

Joachim

Hi Joachim, yes I had planned to place the aircraft moored to a buoy but in the end went with a more dynamic setting. I normally build tanks and AFV's  so blurred tracks and wheels are never used and have never tried creating a blurred prop but been very impressed by others who do. You have not spotted my real mistake - can you spot any crew 😞  

• Like 1

His Holiness Padre,

Every Bombardier is always warmly welcomed! Especially with such impressive seascape!

It's a pity only two photos. I'm pretty sure your model is worth more photos!

Best regards,

Michal.

PS. Mine is still waiting in the stash together with NH-details photo-etched set...

Edited by socjo1
  • Haha 1