Ma.K WhiteKnight Prototype

This is my second build and second entry into the Paint On Plastic 2021 Ma.K comp. #paintonplasticmakcomp2021 -  A vignette of a "used mech" lot.

I added some additional pipework and clamps and also some additional flexible tubes on the legs at the back. The internals are also completely painted and weathered - not that anyone but me will ever know.

There's no rust in space (or so I'm reliably told), so the weathering is based on the metal being primed with a yellow chromate paint and then sprayed the final white colour. Damage and weathering therefore just show grime, the chromate undercoat and the bare metal.

I wasn't a big fan of the super long sniper gun, so that was hacked up and re-built as something more manageable to handle.

I had a photography fail/topple/break/re-glue/re-paint with my first build, so I made moulds of the feet with miliput and glued them to the plinth - this holds the mech in place without the need to glue. I then added a layer of Ammo Tarmac Acrylic followed by layers and layer of paint, spills, and pigment. The plinth is a plywood cube - I did two or three passes with Mr Surfacer and the orbital sander/wet/dry before airbrushing and then hand weathering it.

The 'Lot' owner wears a Rapha Cycle Club (colours) version of the A-3 mechanics cap. I focus stacked these images - which I found made a huge difference to the quality and sharpness - retouched in Lightroom then stacked and processed in Helicon Focus.

spacer.png

--

spacer.png

--

spacer.png

--

spacer.png

Edited by plingboot
  • Like 7