German WW2 Kriegslok Locomotive 1/35

• 2 weeks later...

Very minor & quite uninteresting progress here, tho I have started a Tiger 1 project too so not wholly idle !

Did a bit of fiddly photo etch, the little window frames around the cab front glass, the apertures for these needed filing open to fit, the kit would have you simply glue the glass straight into the hole in the cab.

The original loco's windows could open and shut, swivelling on a central axis, probably not worth replicating a working version as you couldn't reach them to open and close once the model's made anyway, I might leave one slightly ajar just for a bit of visual interest.

..will need a bit more fitting and fettling anyway when glue's set properly

spacer.png

Edited by Pig of the Week
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

Very minor & quite uninteresting progress here, tho I have started a Tiger 1 project too so not wholly idle !

Progress is progress, how many Tigers have you bought now?.... :shrug:

;)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Progress is progress, how many Tigers have you bought now?.... :shrug:

;)

I had a bit of a filing session after posting this, the windows are quite a nice fit in the 'oles now so worthwhile session...tigers, well I've got one here and one on the way... ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

More lil' windows..

a bit quicker this time as I'd practiced on the last lot !

Nice PE work, they look very posh, have you tried wrapping that cardboard tube with metal yet? :)

Matt

• Thanks 1

They're an improvement on just sticking the glass in certainly !..I'm looking thru pics of the real locos tho to verify what the details actually were/are, as some of it seems rather made up by the kit maker and indeed the aftermarket bits makers too !

I've not done my boiler yet, I'm collecting a few donor, ex-aerosol , metal tubes to experiment with...this method should be ideal, hopefully.

I'll certanly put the results on here as soon as it's decently in progress !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

some of it seems rather made up by the kit maker and indeed the aftermarket bits makers too !

Surely you jest, the kit guys, and AM guys, making things up as they go along, tell me it's not true... 🤣🤣

;)

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Some excellent work going on here Mr P, I'd be well chuffed with the progress you've made so far, but it's a shame that it appears to have hit the buffers. Without wishing to derail your current project, you should think about building a head of steam and getting this back on the right track.

I'll stop it with the lame train puns now, but seriously, it'd be great to see this on the move again. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Lummox said:

Some excellent work going on here Mr P, I'd be well chuffed with the progress you've made so far, but it's a shame that it appears to have hit the buffers. Without wishing to derail your current project, you should think about building a head of steam and getting this back on the right track.

I'll stop it with the lame train puns now, but seriously, it'd be great to see this on the move again. 👍

Cheers dear sir !👍   .... I was looking at the bits of it again the other day, and in fact eyeing up some more appropriate sized aerosol cans  (to butcher for tubing) in a shop only yesterday, so it's very much still in mind. I've also over the last couple of days been going thru a load of WW2 pics of these again, in various states of disrepair / wreckage.

It seems to be a thing with these Trumpeter loco models that folk making them end up having long breaks in mid build,  rest assured it'll be back in progress ;)

• Like 3