A like...

heloman1

How come it i that people read your post and then just leave a Like? Surely, if you were attracted by the title and then had  look, you could be moved to leave a comment!

Mystified

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

If there’s nothing I can say that’s constructive, I leave a like.

I can’t see the point in just posting "nice build" or "lovely" or "great". 

I can go along with that. It is nice when someone spends extra time to personally compliment your work - what they liked, what they didn't, what I cocked up, etc. . My ego likes to be padded every now and then, and constructive padding is the best. Otherwise a "like" is just fine.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4

Maybe a generational or a cultural thing where it is sufficient to acknowledge someone's input and show ones appreciation for it  by marking as a 'Like' without using up bandwith with effusive blandness.

Although with a slight change of tack I do wonder why some posters ask what are often quite detailed questions and when others take the time to give their answers the original poster does not even acknowledge the response with a 'Like' which again might merely be a generational or cultural thing.

• Like 3

Also depends on where you are viewing it. Not always easy to write when you are phone but easy to like

And I quite often view at work and can't write a comment

If somebody has liked it at least they are acknowledging they have looked at it

But I also agree with the comment regarding acknowledgement of information

I'm sad enough to thank people when they send me an E mail with information and that is unusual

• Like 1

There can be any number of reasons why a person leaves a like or a comment.  I frequently use both. The website is about being positive helpful and supportive so comments of encouragement and appreciation are fine, just as comments that add relevant technical or historical information or just some personal anecdote are fine.  If someone has done a model really well why not offer congratulations.  Especially in my case when I recognise it is better than anything I could produce. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, adey m said:

Used up my daily allowance of Likes already, that was easy ................ I feel naughty now

At least you did not need to use all your Confused and Sads ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/24/2021 at 4:16 AM, heloman1 said:

How come it i that people read your post and then just leave a Like? Surely, if you were attracted by the title and then had  look, you could be moved to leave a comment!

Mystified

😷