Kitty Hawk SA 356F Dauphin II Panther,1/48th scale. Bulgarian Navy...

heloman1

I originally started this build a couple of years ago. A friend called me  on a Sunday morning, desperate, he was an armour an modeller!

I had th3 kit in my stash, so, I piled in and got to where he was with his build. The lower fuselage panels have no locating tabs. Not to difficult, some tape to hold them in position and it was all good. Needless to say, my friend was swearing at the intracasies of helo modelling!

So, here is the box art...spacer.png

My reference garnered for the intergoogle... Credits on the images.

Considering the original version was a five seat civilian cab, it's come a long way!

spacer.png

Bolivian Navy, don't ask me why, it just looked like a good scheme...

Anyway, the build so far. I've added a lot of detail in the form of suppression boxes. The Night sun will come alter as will the Sky Shout speakers.

spacer.png

Starboard side, you will see, I have had to add seem filing pieces, not the best of fits!

spacer.png

Port side, more inserts where the panels don't quite fit!!! Surface detail is good.

spacer.png

Detail of the exhaust fuselage protection plate and the sensor boxes.

spacer.png

The fus, underside, nothing to add here all the detail, comes in the kit. The piping is the fuel dump lines, quite heavy...

This evening, I sprayed the cockpit roof glazing with a mixture of Tamiya c-Clear Blue and Smoke,

I had a serious problem, I lost the windscreen! Well, I contacted KH and thought I had ordered one. Not so! Getting in contact with KH, I have had to purchase an replacement clear parts sprue. Hopefully, it will arrive soon...

More pics to follow.

• Like 5

• heloman1 changed the title to Kitty Hawk SA 356F Dauphin II Panther,1/48th scale. Bulgarian Navy...